By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Rate VGC 3.0!!!!

Rate VGC 3.0!!!!

5/5 Great layout design 13 3.05%

4/5 Good, needs some tweaks 87 20.42%

3/5 average 46 10.80%

2/5 Poor, needs a lot of work 128 30.05%

1/5 No comment 30 7.04%

0/5 This website actually has DESIGN?!?!?! 122 28.64%

Total:426

hot topics is what made vgchartz different and special, it's been a week and I still miss the old design but it gets 2 points for looking fancy and 3 slashed because of the number of the clicks I need to click to navigate and the small boost in loading speed doesn't compensate for those clicks , nope.

Around the Network

The poll results are pretty alarming.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's... okay. I haven't gotten used to it yet, and preferred the old design. It's just more cumbersome and less user friendly, imo. I hardly visit the charts and news sections now, and I dislike not being able to see when I've been quoted. Also, being unable to search for a specific game when I'm on gamrConnect is not nice.

Also, I think the amount of info and the way it's presented is sort of overwhelming and confusing for newcomers. It is for me, even. Plus, there are some glitches, like sometimes my 'wall' tab will say I have like 7 new posts and when I go and check, there's only 1 or 2...  :s

I study multimedia design, and have designed quite a few websites myself. I know a lot about user interfaces and how to make internet experiences more streamlined. Overall, it's just hard to find what you want, let alone to do so quickly. Which shouldn't be the case. I mean, this is 2010, come on. It could be massively improved.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Double post, nevermind this one.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

separable hot topic with at least 15 threads, trhe red thingy when you are quote and being able to post on games pages and vgc could be better

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I have GamrConnect book-marked and it is the only tab I visit. I'm assuming this is the same for many people. While you tried to make the site better by seperating everything it just made it worse. I'm sorry, but I'm just stating the truth. Every page will get less views. News won't get viewed and new members won't know where to go. I hardly know where to go.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

4/5 for me, troubles at the start, but I've gotten use to it. Still, the old homepage with the charts, news, reviews, and recent forum topics seemed simpler.

supermario128 said:

I have GamrConnect book-marked and it is the only tab I visit. I'm assuming this is the same for many people. While you tried to make the site better by seperating everything it just made it worse. I'm sorry, but I'm just stating the truth. Every page will get less views. News won't get viewed and new members won't know where to go. I hardly know where to go.

That might be your truth,but that's not my truth. 5/5 for me.

I voted 5/5,   I love the new site,  I actuallly want to spend more time here now because of the new site layout.  And I dont understand the difficulties people are having navigating around.   Just take some time and start clicking on things to see where they go,  I mean whats it gonna hurt?   Other than taking away time from posting how much you hate the new site layout and how confusing it is. 

i'm rating the update not the site: 2/5 (4 places to look for info instead of one, no logical link with the macro-themes, where are the user generated posts by the way? ).

although i'm trying to adapt, i really do prefer the previsous version.

one thing improved though is the loading time, it is worth noting.