By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Rate VGC 3.0!!!!

Rate VGC 3.0!!!!

5/5 Great layout design 13 3.05%

4/5 Good, needs some tweaks 87 20.42%

3/5 average 46 10.80%

2/5 Poor, needs a lot of work 128 30.05%

1/5 No comment 30 7.04%

0/5 This website actually has DESIGN?!?!?! 122 28.64%

Total:426

2/5, sorry but I hate it :( I miss the old version even after several days with this one....the colors are bland and boring, more complications than there should be in navigation etc.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

3/5

Liked how everything was neatly organized in one single page in the earlier version and coloring isn't to my taste either, I like darker colors.

I would have taken slight visual updates over complete overhaul, but it's still the best gaming website for me.

Terrible to find informations and reduced some functions!

A system providing us to choose between the old one the the new would be very good!

IT'S TIME FOR SHENMUE III, SEGA!

4/5, will be 5/5 as soon as ioi and his team have everything implemented on the individual game pages (sales figures, member comments, larger boxarts).

I discovered some great new features on the VGChart page (at least I think they are new, I'm not sure if they existed before), such as
http://www.vgchartz.com/buzz.php
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders.php (I think they were "only" posted as news during 2.0)
http://www.vgchartz.com/milestones.php
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly_records.php
http://www.vgchartz.com/hw_annual_summary.php

I also really like the gamrConnect section, the profiles and games collections look much better now.

gamrReview and gamrFeed look very good as well. Good job imo.

welshbloke said:

The Site is now overly complicated. What used to be simple is now much more difficult and harder to achieve. The site pretty much only works in compatability mode on IE8 which I am sure because most people are of a certain persuasion means that the numbers of people affected are a lot less than a standard site but a problem none the less.

I have basically stopped using the site because I cannot do what I used to do. I would look at the news and comment accordingly or I would look at the categorised recent comments and comment accordingly. Occasionally I would create a topic but rarely, occasionally I would look at the forum directly again rarely and occasionally I would look at the sales stats. Now everything feels its all over the place.

Style wise it is ok but it seems to be at the cost of usability. what was one click is now more which to me is a step back.

A site that used to be different from the rest, easy to navigate and has features all conveniantly in one place has now turned into a faceless gaming website exactly like many many others out there.

It's a shame it's lost it's originality and all for the sake of more clicks and money.

Around the Network

While my vote says no comment, I'm going to comment anyway.

I am not happy with the changes. I see that your posted topics and hot topics came back after implementation; had they not, a 0 would have been scored. But, for threads I've posted in, I want a different color to know I was replied to. (The color scheme is another issue I have, but that should be fixable with skinning.) And in hot topics, I don't know how many posts there are, how many unread there are, who started it, etc. There's too high a loss of information in these sections.

I don't like the wall changes. As a place to communicate with others, they worked fine. But I don't care for a wall showing a game has been rated, that they posted to someone else's wall (which then needs to loaded seperately if you do care), and all the other stuff that feels like noise. And then there's the feed, which is a merger of everyone's wall. That's a disaster, not to mention the delay in time it takes to load it. It makes the site feel more like other sites that I don't care to use, and, well... don't!

Then we have the split pages. I recall before the split, that there was some talk about the credibility of VGChartz at some outlets. While I don't question said credibility, I think the splitting of the site into more sites with the "cool" spelling detracts from any professional look. (Not to mention the less intuitiveness of the new names...) Some of us, myself included, liked how these features were well tied together, even if we didn't necessarily use them all.

Finally, there's a few little things on both sides of the aisle. The organization of the game collections is better, but less convienent for me, as I would use my collection link here when shopping for games, to prevent duplicates. When posting on someone's wall (or updating your own status), enter seems to default now to logout. When posting to a thread (using a reply or quote button), you can not reference anything else in said thread, as it's all covered up. (I really did like the last 15 posts part of 2.0.)

Sorry, but overall, I see far too many negatives. And I'm also in the camp that release should have been delayed to iron out some of the bugs that have been ironed out already. With the number of regular people who have cut back in viewing, I personally would have held off until after E3, since I do think a fair number of us dissatisfied people will go elsewhere for the live feed now. I'll see how things will play out in the future, but I'd be lying if I said I feel optimistic...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Well, I still like the site and it's still my homepage.  However, it's has become a tad too busy...lol, if that makes sense.  So I have to rate it a 3/5.  Hopefully as I use it more I will start to love it as I once did :).

On a positive note, I really like being able to simply rate the games in my collection.  Also, they show more weekly numbers for the games, especially the newer ones :).

llewdebkram said:
welshbloke said:

The Site is now overly complicated. What used to be simple is now much more difficult and harder to achieve. The site pretty much only works in compatability mode on IE8 which I am sure because most people are of a certain persuasion means that the numbers of people affected are a lot less than a standard site but a problem none the less.

I have basically stopped using the site because I cannot do what I used to do. I would look at the news and comment accordingly or I would look at the categorised recent comments and comment accordingly. Occasionally I would create a topic but rarely, occasionally I would look at the forum directly again rarely and occasionally I would look at the sales stats. Now everything feels its all over the place.

Style wise it is ok but it seems to be at the cost of usability. what was one click is now more which to me is a step back.

A site that used to be different from the rest, easy to navigate and has features all conveniantly in one place has now turned into a faceless gaming website exactly like many many others out there.

It's a shame it's lost it's originality and all for the sake of more clicks and money.

That's definitely not why we did it. And I'm offended you would think that.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I can't get used to this new design no matter what, I find it hard to come back everyday now and I have to put up with this pain in the ass navigation, the general light background design is also starting to hurt my eyes because I open the site and my LCD starts to shoot beams of brightness into my eyes. It is torture, please change this, oh dear lord please change the site!

KylieDog said:

The way it is now I'll stop using 3/4 of what I did on VGC 2.0

Too time consuming and awkward to navigate multiple pages when I could just view every single thing at a glance before.

VGC is now just a forum to me.

The same for me, miss a lot of the things I used to do on the previous version ... plus that green color hurts my eyes.

The only good quality about this 3.0 is that it's much faster, other than that, everything is worse.