By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

SHMUPGurus said:
theRepublic said:
SHMUPGurus said:
theRepublic said:

What happened to seeing all of the users who are "Now Playing" a specific game?  Or seeing all the games a particular person is "Now Playing"?

What is going on with the forum widths?  It seems like most of them are set to be the same width as my screen, but there are a handful of posts that stick out further to the right.

Some signatures are too wide for the new forums. I made this thread because of this: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=110579

That's not it.  My post at the top of this page (I'm at 100 posts per page) is longer than it should be and I have no sig at all right now.

That's weird. What browser are you using?

Chrome

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Oh, one more quibble from my side: would it be possible to integrate the sales into the gamrconnect games database?

For example, when I browse my game collection and click on Monster Hunter Tri, I'd like it to show the sales instead of needing to go to the charts section and search for the game there.

I understand the split in community and sales in general, but when it comes to the game database it seems very cumbersome to not have all data in the same place.

Chrizum said:

Oh, one more quibble from my side: would it be possible to integrate the sales into the gamrconnect games database?

For example, when I browse my game collection and click on Monster Hunter Tri, I'd like it to show the sales instead of needing to go to the charts section and search for the game there.

I understand the split in community and sales in general, but when it comes to the game database it seems very cumbersome to not have all data in the same place.

Perhaps a 'Sales' Tab with the 'Summary', 'Preview', etc tabs.

ioi said:
Tanstalas said:
Just curious Ioi.. how much sleep have you gotten in the past 48 hours since the site launched?  lol

Went to bed at 5am on Sunday, 7am on Monday and 4am last night - up at 9am each day.
Unfortunately managing, coding, designing and running a website is a pretty demanding and thankless task

Not true! 
Thank you for the return of the online tab,
Thank you for the return of the edit notification,
and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bringing back timestamps and the View Post button. 

^ @ everyone still updating the site

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

specialops787 said:
Chrizum said:

That would be awesome. Please ioi?

Around the Network
Tanstalas said:
ioi said:
Tanstalas said:

Just curious Ioi.. how much sleep have you gotten in the past 48 hours since the site launched?  lol

Went to bed at 5am on Sunday, 7am on Monday and 4am last night - up at 9am each day.

Unfortunately managing, coding, designing and running a website is a pretty demanding and thankless task

Well sir, I think you should take a break, and have a cold beer (or 20) noone expects you to do everything in a week.

The new site is MUCH better than when it launched, you have given us back a lot of the stuff we liked in the old 2.0 site.

Let your minions work on it for a couple days and take a break.  I will be the first to say I *HATED* the new 3.0.  However now that you implemented the changes that so many users asked for I will say I actually prefer this new site over the old one.

Thanks for the hard work Ioi.  Now you can't say it is a thankless task ;)  Though I imagine it is still a demanding one :D

exactly, Rome wasn't built in a day or even a week. I have no right to tell you to have a break as I have never shown this much dedication to something, but like Tanstalas said I am sure there are other people, or minions as he puts it able to do the work for a while.  the site is looking great and I am thoroughly enjoying all the new thing or maybe it's things I never notice before.  thank you for all your hard work. oh and thanks for the things I have asked for

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Chrizum said:
specialops787 said:
Chrizum said:

That would be awesome. Please ioi?

It could just link to the Chartz page. Should be pretty simple.

I am fairly sure ioi has said sales will be integrated into that page in the future, but for now he needs some sleep!

ioi said:
Tanstalas said:

I didn't say he should get sleep...

I said he should get drunk!!!

Ioi is from the UK right?

Canadians and people from the UK have that in common, beer is good! :)

Not that you need to know but I am actually off for a few drinks shortly, catch up a bit with my very understanding lady

Updates will keep coming this week and over the weekend...

*thumbs up*

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Can I change the green...  Now I always select (the last activitiy threads) so I can read them without hurting my eyes.

Would be nice if their was an option...For the rest I see already improvement if just the green can be changed I already would be very happy :).