By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

I would like to add my vote to alternate colour schemes. The white is too bright and burns my retinas. Also it'd be cool if we could pick Sony colours and Nintendo colours instead of just xbox ;p 

The colour-coded threads were useful for people to pick out quickly which news/threads they were interested in perusing and it'd be nice if you could bring that back.

But thanks for getting fixes and changes out so quickly. It's already a lot better than it was last night.

Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5
Just finished:
Infamous 2

Around the Network

Also, everyone seems to be talking about how much less loading there is, but it feels like there is more, or at least the same, to me. Am I on the wrong track here or is something else wrong?

Chrome 5.0 by the way.

I think this was mentioned in this thread, but it may have been another one, can we have our old reply and quote buttons back, I hate how I can't right click and choose open in a new tab, makes easier for keeping track of posts I want to reply to while continuing reading the thread :(

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

9009pc said:

when you click on reply or quote and then change your mind about writing there is no cancel button to get out which means you either press done and have an empty post or you have to go back a page and then come forward again, so any chance of a cancel button. love the way it shades out everything around it pretty class.

Not so, if you change your mind about posting just click "off" the reply window and the reply window will disappear (IE: click somewhere in the greyed out main window part

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Oh noes!

All links in sigs to previous threads/posts are broken!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Another problem, albeit minor... similar to what happened when changing to 2.0 and I think 1.5 with the top navigation bar: I can't right click.... except this time it's on the reply and quote buttons.

means I have to open a new tab and navigate back to the [age rather than being able to open the quote post feature in a new tab.

I don't know if I missed the button, but I can't figure out a way to cancel a post if I hit the big reply or quote buttons.

Tanstalas said:
9009pc said:

when you click on reply or quote and then change your mind about writing there is no cancel button to get out which means you either press done and have an empty post or you have to go back a page and then come forward again, so any chance of a cancel button. love the way it shades out everything around it pretty class.

Not so, if you change your mind about posting just click "off" the reply window and the reply window will disappear (IE: click somewhere in the greyed out main window part

cool thanks

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

The game pages were one of the best designed features of VGC 2.0, now they seem to be one of the worst.
No more members comments (I loved them), no more info on how many members own a game or have it on their wishlist, boxarts are shown so small that they seem redundant, score boxes are ridiculously large in contrast. No sales info anymore on general game page anymore (only through charts pages, if I understood the system correctly).

For the forum section please give us dark background with white text.

I love the new points system which rewards site work, not post count.

Akvod said:

I don't know if I missed the button, but I can't figure out a way to cancel a post if I hit the big reply or quote buttons.

You simply click outside the quote box.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you