By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Alice BEATS The Dark Knight at the Worldwide Box Office! ^.^

freebs is right

And is it so strange that a well-known ancient story beats another 'superhero' action movie? 

Around the Network

The Dark Knight was overrated IMO anyways. I never got what was all the fuss about it. So congrats to Alice, IMO it was a far better movie all around

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I loved the dark knight and liked Alice and Wonderland. So congrats on both movies.

I just noticed the madhatter gif in the OP, it's so awesome! :D (and so fitting)

im talking about this one:

Boutros said:

rofl

:p

Take that TDK!

Around the Network
mortono said:
Boutros said:
Naum said:

Not really that impressive, 3-D movie tickets cost alot more then regular 2-D ones, atleast were I live.

A normal ticket is 12$ and for 3D it's 14$. It's not that much more here (2$).

Plus Alice was also in 2D.

Not 12 dollars, but $7.18. look here: http://www.natoonline.org/statisticstickets.htm

3d movies, on average cost about 14 dollars though. That's almost double the amount!

Here's the REAL list of best-selling movies: http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

Well I don't live in the US. Movie tickets aer 12$ here in Canada.

thelalaby said:

Alice in Wonderland is nothing more than a kids movie.. I was fooled by Tim's promises of providing a darker take on the story and not making it feel like set pieces connected by nothing but the characters. This movie definitely did not deserve to make all this money.

Oh, and the Red Queen was the star of the film IMO. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!

A kids movie? I would never bring my kid to see this movie. I mean at one point she has to cross a river by jumping on floating bodies :/

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Take that TDK!

omg rofl

I can't stop watching it.

hunter_alien said:

The Dark Knight was overrated IMO anyways. I never got what was all the fuss about it. So congrats to Alice, IMO it was a far better movie all around

It was well written and well paced with interesting characters, some good writing, and a plot that wasn't completely predictable.

Alice in Wonderland is the opposite. If anything, it's proven to me that Burton has become a complete and utter whore.

I don't see how that happened... is there really such a huge audience for a crazy rendition of a children's classic?