By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Alice BEATS The Dark Knight at the Worldwide Box Office! ^.^

A true shame

Around the Network

***Hate the new site's forum options...

Sorry for double post.

stof said:

And that's the power of 3D over quality. It's going to be hard to get away from 3D now that it's thuroughly proven that turgid, insipid and boring films like Alice can make the big bucks by having something jump out from the screen. 

Honestly, for a film allegedly inspired by Alice in Wonderland, there was no wonder, no excitement, no nice imagery. How the hell could someone as talented as Tim Burton turn Alice in Wonderland into " A girl needs to kill a dragon with a sword"

SImple answer:  Tim Burton isn't that talented.

Hynad said:

stof said:

And that's the power of 3D over quality. It's going to be hard to get away from 3D now that it's thuroughly proven that turgid, insipid and boring films like Alice can make the big bucks by having something jump out from the screen. 

Honestly, for a film allegedly inspired by Alice in Wonderland, there was no wonder, no excitement, no nice imagery. How the hell could someone as talented as Tim Burton turn Alice in Wonderland into " A girl needs to kill a dragon with a sword"

SImple answer:  Tim Burton isn't that talented.

Say that after watching Big Fish or Edward Scissorhands or Sweeny Todd or Ed Wood or The Nightmare Before Christmas. He's very talented but his style is very different.

That's really not that farfetched though, The Dark Knight while insanely popular in America wasn't as big overseas, It did better in America then overseas where as it's usually the other way around with the biggest worldwide movies.

Around the Network

@ Bootros: Nope, I'm not going to change my mind about him.  You should keep in mind that just because someone doesn't like/praise what you love, it doesn't mean that person doesn't know what he's talking about.  For example, I've seen all the movies you mentioned and I still don't think he's that good.  ¬_¬

Oh, he made some good movies at some point in time.  But to me, they're ok-good. Not great.

3d movies have higher ticket prices.

Hynad said:

Oh, he made some good movies at some point in time.  But they're ok-good. Not great, imo. ¬_¬

But that doesn't mean he's not talented.

mortono said:

3d movies have higher ticket prices.

Yes...

And?

It still beat TDK lol

morenoingrato said:
Well just from the start you can see how epic tdk is.... alice is kiddy

alice is not kiddy, it is disturbing. John Depp in this and Charlie Chocolate Factory single handedly shown the world what a child molester would be like. 

I don't see the point of darkening up these movies just because it appears to be cool.

not to mention Alice looked like she was on crack.