By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA4 isn't a 10/10 game, why did it get reviews like it did?

I think is is a 10/10 game. Idk why others don't.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I think it was a great game, that was so big it formed an anti-community of equal size. I guarantee you that there are tons and tons of gamers out there who still think GTAIV is the best game ever made.

I originally gave it a 9.5, because at the time there was really not much better than it out. Now, Fallout 3 is out, and a few other games, so I'd probably give it a 9.2. It's not a 10/10 imo, but it's within the margin for error.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I think it was a great game, that was so big it formed an anti-community of equal size. I guarantee you that there are tons and tons of gamers out there who still think GTAIV is the best game ever made.

I originally gave it a 9.5, because at the time there was really not much better than it out. Now, Fallout 3 is out, and a few other games, so I'd probably give it a 9.2. It's not a 10/10 imo, but it's within the margin for error.

+1

thx for saving my precious time :D

Xxain said:
It was just hype.. it kibda like wgen you first get a game you really wanted, when you start everything is 10/10 but the more you play the more that score decreases. I believe that happened with everybody.

Yeah i think the first few hours were really good and then the rest of the game was exactly the same and imo it ended up being an 8/10 game. i think when it came out as well there was so little competition with it. anyone who says it was more than that obviously didnt shoot 200 pigeons for a menial reward. i think a lot of people who buy GTA dont even finish them, i know a few who dont.

I personally felt the game was far too banal, and the reviewers seem to think that as long as theres multiplayer its gold. i mean even now reviewers are awarding 9s and 10s to 4 hour long games called Call of Duty, and its mainly to cater to the fans. i mean over 5 mil people bought MW2 in the first few days of release. if publications had given it an objective review then they could've ended up with hate mail from hundreds of thousands of fans at least.  

so i think these gaming sites probabily conform to the fans expectations to remain popular and hope there opinions are taken seriously. sadly they do carry a lot of weight in the gaming community these days.

richardhutnik said:
Wagram said:
Alot of games this generation are over rated critically. The best thing to do is judge yourself. Don't let someone else think for you.

The point of reviews is to have someone else walk through the game, and tell me if it worth my time and money.  That is what I trust reviewers for.

As far as the game went, I found it ehh on the fun scale, but thought they did trying to do high production quality.  It just wasn't fun for me.  I can't give it a 10/10.  Nico and his brother didn't seem to have fun lives.  They seemed to have lives that were a mess to me, and it didn't feel like fun, to me... I actually got it because I thought multiplayer would be fun on it.

I started to not listen to reviews when reviewers told me that one of my favorite game this gen was a huge pile of dog shit.

Around the Network

It is an amazing game, I think many people just didn't like that it was so realistic compared to other GTA games.

Raido said:
It is an amazing game, I think many people just didn't like that it was so realistic compared to other GTA games.

TBH I liked that it was more realistic. Next time I hope the game isn't as black though. The game felt really dark.

A203D said:
Xxain said:
It was just hype.. it kibda like wgen you first get a game you really wanted, when you start everything is 10/10 but the more you play the more that score decreases. I believe that happened with everybody.

Yeah i think the first few hours were really good and then the rest of the game was exactly the same and imo it ended up being an 8/10 game. i think when it came out as well there was so little competition with it. anyone who says it was more than that obviously didnt shoot 200 pigeons for a menial reward. i think a lot of people who buy GTA dont even finish them, i know a few who dont.

I personally felt the game was far too banal, and the reviewers seem to think that as long as theres multiplayer its gold. i mean even now reviewers are awarding 9s and 10s to 4 hour long games called Call of Duty, and its mainly to cater to the fans. i mean over 5 mil people bought MW2 in the first few days of release. if publications had given it an objective review then they could've ended up with hate mail from hundreds of thousands of fans at least.  

so i think these gaming sites probabily conform to the fans expectations to remain popular and hope there opinions are taken seriously. sadly they do carry a lot of weight in the gaming community these days.

MW2 also has a spec ops mod, which is just as long as the campaign. And yes you don't even need a friend to play it. :)

Besides that reviewers didn't care at all about GTA IV's multiplayer mode.

I think it's a 10/10, if you don't like it don't play it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Aion said:
I think it's a 10/10, if you don't like it don't play it.

lololol... tell it how it is