By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA4 isn't a 10/10 game, why did it get reviews like it did?

hype hype hype hype hype, when so much hype goes to a game prior to release it will create a lot of anticipation on the reviewers whose judgement will be clouded and will very likely make the game look better on his eyes than it really is, if the game deserves the score or not, depends on the game

to me GTAIV certainly doesnt deserve a 10, it doesnt even deserve a 7

Around the Network

As several others have mentioned, the First 5 to 10 hours of GTA IV were fantastic. But once the initial awe was gone, it felt like the same GTA we had been playing for the past few years. If you were a fan of the series it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but I personally bought into the hype and wound up disappointed.

@A203D

The only part of MW2 that was not on par with the original was the campaign. It was still good and had some great moments but it wasn't as cohesive as the first. When you add in the Special Ops mode and the Online Multiplayer (Which for me was the video game equivalent of crack for the first month...then the cheating became rampant), it was a great package well worth the price of admission.

It all comes down to different strokes for different folks. Were not always going to agree with what critics or gamers think about certain games. You have to put your personal taste first and use critics reviews as a helping hand.

There was no games in 2008. Compared to everything else, GTA IV looked pretty damn good.

Pipedream24 said:
As several others have mentioned, the First 5 to 10 hours of GTA IV were fantastic. But once the initial awe was gone, it felt like the same GTA we had been playing for the past few years. If you were a fan of the series it wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but I personally bought into the hype and wound up disappointed.

@A203D

The only part of MW2 that was not on par with the original was the campaign. It was still good and had some great moments but it wasn't as cohesive as the first. When you add in the Special Ops mode and the Online Multiplayer (Which for me was the video game equivalent of crack for the first month...then the cheating became rampant), it was a great package well worth the price of admission.

It all comes down to different strokes for different folks. Were not always going to agree with what critics or gamers think about certain games. You have to put your personal taste first and use critics reviews as a helping hand.

Yeah, fair enough i concede i was a bit hard on Call of Duty. but its fair enough different tastes for different people.

Boutros said:
Well it deserves 10/10 so I don't know what to tell you.

this.

Around the Network

Most people are haters of what's popular and successful. I believed and I still believe that it's a 10/10 game, and it's now even better with all the DLC and the PC version with all the patches. Oh, and Independant Radio FM ftw!

And I know I posted this before, but I loved the fact that most of the missions were different from each other going further into the story. At one point, you would get on top of a van and do all these weird button combinations, and then you would get on an helicopter to shoot other helicopters, and then you would chase some crazy guy on a bike and then a boat, etc.

I also loved the radio. Some of the most random shows I've heard. The graphics are nice, it's GTA in HD I guess. And the car physics are great! I loved them compared to the old arcade style control in other GTA games. I have fun just playing around with the physics too.

So, I guess, other than not having mountains and vast open fields with nothing in them anyways and some useless workout stuff, it was a pretty good game. Consider it a true GTA game or not, let's just say there are no other games like it this generation.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

technically gta 4 was a great game, but fun wise gta 4 was the worst of the serie

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Great game. Loved it. Although I though the content of the single player was still lacking compared to San Andreas but the Multiplayer made up for it.

9.2/10 on my book.

people complaining about it being to dark and not fun, I think you forgot what GTA was about, the guy is a criminal, its not supposed to be light. with that being said, some should give ballad of gay tony a try, it is lighter in tone and you get the best weapons of the bat, you can even manage and dance at clubs

this was my favorite gta so it was a 10/10 for me. I remembered my friends and i always went on cops and crooks and i loved the car chases. that is something i wish red dead redemption had :(