darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:
I really didn't want this to turn into one of those Final Fantasy hate threads :S

And why does everyone think delay=Xbox 360 version in the works? :P

The game hasn't even been announced for that platform, lol. It says it's for PlayStation 3 on Final Fantasy Versus XIII's official site :P

Versus Xlll will going to 360 thatsinevitable. Its a question of when and how will it effect the development cycle.

Maybe it's inevitable... but as long as they don't make it official, the game remains a PlayStation 3 exclusive and we probably shouldn't be asuming Square has started porting it to the Xbox 360 and that it will be delayed :P

We don't even know if it's being ported or not :P

There's no reason for it to be inevitable, FFXIII sales have PROVEN that PS3 can carry a FF game on its own shoulders.

Darth SE wants to become a EA type company. Why do you think all SE titles were MS timed Xxclusive? because they want to build a fanbase on 360, FFXlll were obviously lower than PS3 but they weren't bad and shows interest in SE titles..why keep VS another potential fanbase builder from 360?

Don't you think the amount sold on xbox 360 could have been sold on PS3? (for FFXIII)

??? are you askinb if there wasnt 360 version would all its sells be PS3? if so the answer partial...contrary to belief of 360 fanboys that bought FFXlll that wouldn't of went out get it If it was on PS3 only. What your asking is impossible to answer without data. How Many 360 owners that bought FFXlll were new, fanboys who wouldn't purchase it elsewhere or ppl who only own 360,?

Yes it is impossible to know without data but if it was PS3 only a lot of the 1.3 Million sold on xbox 360 would be on PS3. The 360 port was worth it for SE but its not "absolutely needed".

Nomura wants to push the power of the PS3 to its highest potential, in order to be able to do that I think he would be willing to sacrifice a few thousand in sales

@theprof00

I have not commented on any of the issues your talking about so I don't know why your bringing them up & BTW there was no confirmed 1 year delay.

Dartg you missed my point. SE wants to be a EA type company..that Wadas dream. Hoe can they can they do that Xxclusive to one console? yea some PS3 sales were possibly lost 360 port but if it goes to establishing the popularlarity SE has on PS to 360 it will all be worth it.

The final creative decision will be Nomura;s hands, thats my assumption. Nomura has stated when XIII went multiplat that he didn't like it going multiplat.

If the final decision is in Nomura's hands the game most probably won't go multiplat, IF the final decision is in Wada's hands it probably will go multiplat

Also 1 or 2 years ago Nomura said that he told one of his team members they are focussing on taking the full specs out of PS3, so you also have to consider that it might be too late to port it to xbox 360.

@theprof00

That was in the context of it being delayed BECAUSE it was going to 360

Your pulling at straws to try to create a argument here, go bait someone else.

Wada has the final say. He's the CEO, after all. If Nomura refuses to work on it, he'll just get put off project/altogether fired. That, of course, will be awful. He's the whole drive behind this game.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Jdevil3 said:
Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:
I really didn't want this to turn into one of those Final Fantasy hate threads :S

And why does everyone think delay=Xbox 360 version in the works? :P

The game hasn't even been announced for that platform, lol. It says it's for PlayStation 3 on Final Fantasy Versus XIII's official site :P

Versus Xlll will going to 360 thatsinevitable. Its a question of when and how will it effect the development cycle.

Maybe it's inevitable... but as long as they don't make it official, the game remains a PlayStation 3 exclusive and we probably shouldn't be asuming Square has started porting it to the Xbox 360 and that it will be delayed :P

We don't even know if it's being ported or not :P

There's no reason for it to be inevitable, FFXIII sales have PROVEN that PS3 can carry a FF game on its own shoulders. 

Darth SE wants to become a EA type company. Why do you think all SE titles were MS timed Xxclusive? because they want to build a fanbase on 360, FFXlll were obviously lower than PS3 but they weren't bad and shows interest in SE titles..why keep VS another potential fanbase builder from 360?

Don't you think the amount sold on xbox 360 could have been sold on PS3? (for FFXIII)

??? are you askinb if there wasnt 360 version would all its sells be PS3? if so the answer partial...contrary to belief of 360 fanboys that bought FFXlll that wouldn't of went out get it If it was on PS3 only. What your asking is impossible to answer without data. How Many 360 owners that bought FFXlll were new, fanboys who wouldn't purchase it elsewhere or ppl who only own 360,?

Yes it is impossible to know without data but if it was PS3 only a lot of the 1.3 Million sold on xbox 360 would be on PS3. The 360 port was worth it for SE but its not "absolutely needed".

Nomura wants to push the power of the PS3 to its highest potential, in order to be able to do that I think he would be willing to sacrifice a few thousand in sales

@theprof00

I have not commented on any of the issues your talking about so I don't know why your bringing them up & BTW there was no confirmed 1 year delay. 

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

If it is going to go multiplat, fine.

Just make it a Timed Exclusive. Release the two versions when they are done. I am sure MS will help with advertising the Xbox release again, so why not? (and this is not a crack at MS, it is the truth)

It has happened to countless games this gen, why not another one?

Until they announce anything, this is all just speculation. I do think, however, that the above will make the wound sting less (the fact that SE could potentially lie to the entire PS3 fanbase)

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The final creative decision will be Nomura;s hands, thats my assumption. Nomura has stated when XIII went multiplat that he didn't like it going multiplat.

If the final decision is in Nomura's hands the game most probably won't go multiplat, IF the final decision is in Wada's hands it probably will go multiplat

Also 1 or 2 years ago Nomura said that he told one of his team members they are focussing on taking the full specs out of PS3, so you also have to consider that it might be too late to port it to xbox 360.

@theprof00

Wada has the final say. He's the CEO, after all. If Nomura refuses to work on it, he'll just get put off project/altogether fired. That, of course, will be awful. He's the whole drive behind this game.

Fired lol

I think nomura must have some kind of influence there though.

@dobby985

Then why do the technically best PS3 games outshine the technically best Xbox 360 games? 

Clearly the hardware isn't equal, this has been proven many many times now, no-one is saying PS3 is MUCH more powerful than 360

But I want to see how far Square can push the PS3, because their high budget games on all other systems really showcase close to the full power of the said system (be it FF7:CC, FF4 DS, Chaos Rings on iphone or even older titles on PS2/PS1/SNES (FF6) ))

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dobby985 said:

SE wants to go multiplatform and be a proper 3rd party publisher instead of being Sony's second party. Especially now that they have a lot more franchises after acquiring Eidos.

If they want a fanbase on the Xbox 360 then they have to keep delivering the games.

As for the who "taking advantage of the PS3's hardware". The PS3 and the 360 are virtually the same hardware-wise. You need to learn about specs before you start talking about stuff like that.

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

And you need to remember, the Blu-ray drive is also part of that hardware

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Xen said:

I really doubt that'll happen so I wonder what'll happen. Nomura never said he was against multiplat development so I guess we'll see...

Wrong

Nomura said that he & Kitase was AGAINST FFXIII going multiplat after the ff13 announcement.

So while he's never said hes against it for his own games, he's never said he's for it either. He probably leans towards the against though from what he said after E3 08

darthdevidem01 said:

@theprof00

How is that any different.

Being released in ANY way to the 360, delay or not, has many debatable points.

"Your whole reason for renting it is because its going to another console, thats IS ridiculous!"

I'm not trying to create an argument. I don't like the hassle you're giving carl, especially since he has a valid point. It happened with ff13, and SE have themselves said that they've been working on both games for years. FF13 on 360 was an idea that came about DURING development, and Nomura stated that he didn't want his game to be multiplat. If the game comes out for both systems at the same time, despite whether or not they said there would be a delay, it would have required a delay.

I also totally understand why you are ignoring me, too. You said Carl was ridiculous, and I posted evidence why he isn't... which makes me a troll. This is interesting coming from someone who is implying someone else has fanboy motivations.

Jdevil3 said:

Lol, why does everyone seem to hate Square-Enix? xD

The reason why the game might not be on E3 could be the one Darthdevidem01 mentioned in the article he copy-pasted :P

We still don't know if the game is going to be delayed for an Xbox 360 release, nobody said it would... we don't even know if the game is going to be released on that platform :P

Hashimoto said a long time ago that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is going to be a PlayStation 3 exclusive game. Take a look at this interview (I'm going to post  the link to the original interview in Japanese, and then a translation I've found in the Internet :P)

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216673_1124.html

Translation

At Microsoft's presentation?the crowd got more excited the instant that the Xbox360 version of FFXIII was announced than they did for any other title. How did you react after finishing the presentation?

Hashimoto: Among the titles with that kind of notoriety, FFXIII received the greatest cheers, so I felt a truly great response.

Kitase: We weren't able to show any new images so I was a little nervous before the presentation, but I was relieved at everyone's reaction.

This is a basic confirmation, but your presentation this time was aimed at the U.S. and European market, so you decided to sell FFXIII not just on the Playstation, but on the 360 as well, right?

Hashimoto: Precisely.

Are you really not going to sell the 360 version in Japan?

Hashimoto: We have no intention to do so whatsoever.

In that case, why not sell a 360 version of FFXIII Versus? Also, have there been any changes in the direction of the development of Agito XIII, or any other points of change?

Hashimoto: None at all. There has been no change to the plan, and we will release Versus XIII only on the PS3. I think it would be best to think of them separately. There has been no change to our plan for Agito XIII, either. As far as Versus XIII goes, Director Tetsuya Nomura is investing all of his energy into its development, and it will still be a PS3 exclusive.

I'd like to hear once more the reasoning and story behind coming to sell the PS3 and 360 versions of FFXIII only in the U.S. and Europe.

Hashimoto: Well, it's a fact that the American market, or the market of English-speaking countries has grown vastly, and we receive such strong solicitation from the users in those regions. I don't think we can ignore that. Thus, our presentation.

Kitase: After looking at these conditions, I consulted with Director Motomu Toriyama, and ultimately I made the decision.

Is there any difference in the respective content of the PS3 and 360 versions? I mean, I know that the 360 has its "Achievements" system, but...

Kitase: There may be some slight differences when it comes to such a small level as "Achievements," but no real difference in form. There is no advantage nor disadvantage to either version.

In the past, the FF series had also developed "International Versions." There wouldn't be any chance of the 360 version being sold in Japan in such a form, would there? How does that sound?

Hashimoto: You're rather hasty. *laughs* FFXIII itself isn't complete yet. There's such plan at all.

How is the release schedule?

Hashimoto: First, we'll release the PS3 version in Japan. Then we'll release the PS3 and 360 versions simultaneously in the U.S., followed shortly after by the release of the PS3 and 360 versions in Europe. However, we would like to make the timespan between the Japanese release and the U.S.-European release as short as possible.

Kitase: Rather than porting to the 360, I'd like to purely translate and localize the Japanese version and advance operations faster than they have been up to this point. It's undecided how many languages we will support, but the FF has always used English, Italian, Spanish, French, and German, so I think of that as standard.

The media format on the PS3 and 360 is fundamentally different. The data capacity varies greatly, so is it possible that the number of discs will vary between versions, or that one version's graphical quality will suffer?

Kitase: Really, nothing is set at all yet, but we will probably take a direction that allows for change in the number of discs. We intend to allow as little difference as possible in terms of graphical quality and other aspects of the game content.

So do you picture releasing the game in Japan, North America, and Europe in the same fiscal year?

Hashimoto: As far as release dates are concerned, that's something we'll start discussing once we've completed FFXIII on the PS3.

Kitase: Above all, completing the Japanese version on the PS3 as fast as possible is our first priority. After that we'll be porting and localizing the game, so, in truth, we don't actually have a release date for North America and Europe yet. We've really only just started work on the 360 version, so it's hard to gauge the development at the moment.

This presentation was truly aimed at your U.S.-European fans, wasn't it?

Hashimoto: I suppose it was. All the more reason that we presented it at E3.

Would you say that next month's ”DKS3713” is aimed at your Japanese fans?

Kitase: I can't say anything at the moment, but I hope you will all look forward to it. *laughs*

Translation Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?s=951ca29165f2c381e8818036ac9034d2&t=387874&page=19

Yes! I have finally been able to edit that stupid wall of text into something "readable". Lol xD

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Carl2291 said:
dobby985 said:

Recent games relased have IMO at least, proven that the PS3 is beyond the 360 graphics-wise. You just need to look at the likes of Killzone, Uncharted and God of War 3. Then compare them to Mass Effect, Alan Wake... Even FFXIII on the 2 consoles.

And you need to remember, the Blu-ray drive is also part of that hardware

If we see the first 2 Blu-ray game come out of Versus XIII... Using up to 6 DVD's for a game could be seen as way too much.

I totally disagree with you!

just joking I agree with this!

But I doubt it will be on 2 blu-ray discs, if it is it'll be funny.

double post