By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Graphical king on Wii?

ill have to say a tie between:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Monster Hunter Tri
MP: Corruption

but that is from what i have played. i plan on getting RS2 and RE:darkside chronicles soon though.

Around the Network

Mario Galaxy 2
a boy in his blob

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Super Mario Galaxy 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

IMO Metroid Prime 3 sets the current graphical bar on the Wii although MH3 isn't too far behind. I don't know if Other M will beat it.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Okami

Around the Network

3D: Monster Hunter Tri

2D: Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Skeeuk said:
best grafix on wii is mario galaxy 1 and 2 hands down, theres no large 3d worlds to render hence all the power can go on what you see on screen it looks fantastic

Uh what? o_O

As for the OP I wouldn't really put one above another there are a lot of games that look good but to be honest are miles behind what they could do on Wii, Muramasa is an example of this, so depending on how you want to look at things it goes like this.

Technical:

Super Mario Galaxy

The Conduit (yes yes bland art and design doesn't mean the engine didn't do some crazy things that even SMG didn't do)

Call of Duty MWR

Overlord Dark Legend

Art:

Monster Hunter 3

Muramasa

Okami

Super Mario Galaxy

Note that most of the games in the artistic section look better than the technically impressive games simply because of art and design, but games have always been that way.  If you look at something like Red Steel 2, many of the bushes and enviornmental objects are really basic but its using the style to cover that up.  Monster Hunter 3 has circle shadows and the lighting isn't real time, there are no shadows cast, etc but the openness of the levels, the textures, and models, it really captures the sense of nature, probably one of the best games this gen in that respect, up there with Battlefield 1943 and Crysis (not graphics please don't get that wrong I'm talking about how it reminds you of nature, I'm a whore when it comes to nice nature scenery and all those games depict nature scenery in an almost artistic fashion like a painting you'd see)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Sol said:
Mario Galaxy 2 isnt out until July down under so RE4 still takes top place for me!

A game that looks exactly like the Gamecube original? Nope. Not the prettiest game the Wii has to offer. Don't get me wrong, even on today's standards, RE4 is pretty and it's easily the best looking game of the last generation. But it's still not as pretty as Prime 3 , Galaxy 1 & 2 or Muramasa.

Ninpanda said:
Sol said:
Mario Galaxy 2 isnt out until July down under so RE4 still takes top place for me!

A game that looks exactly like the Gamecube original? Nope. Not the prettiest game the Wii has to offer. Don't get me wrong, even on today's standards, RE4 is pretty and it's easily the best looking game of the last generation. But it's still not as pretty as Prime 3 , Galaxy 1 & 2 or Muramasa.

You forgot that it looks better than RE5 too haha RE4 just has a lot of style and looks really good, I'd put it up there with some of Wii's best, there is more juice to be squeezed out of the Wii than what RE4 does but RE4 is a lot like SMG a good mix of both artistic design and technically impressive visuals unlike its successor which lacks on the artistic design and relies more on a engine that makes the game look to sterile.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Muramasa hands down....too bad it doesn't sell well...really nice game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!