By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Whose your favorite Rapper?

I'm going to stick with presenting artists that don't get much exposure. It's not that I don't like artists that get featured on the radio, it's just that I don't feel I need to drop youtube videos and expose you to them. Everyone should know who guys like Lupe Fiasco, Drake, Kid Cudi, etc. are already. My lone exception is one video from Lil Wayne, only because he gets a lot of hate, gets only his worst material exposed, and legitimately is better than he presents himself as. Plus I'm a big fan of the Banned From TV beat. For those that haven't heard this, here's what Wayne is capable of lyrically, off the No Ceilings mixtape.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

T.I.
Eminem (Relapse was pretty weak though)
Game
Nas
Chamillionaire
Method Man

But hey I also like old school hip-hop :)

Necromunda said:
Garnett said:

Anything thats not main stream.

And anything thats not

Drake

Eminem

Jay z

My favorite probably is either Game or Chamillionaire.

Yeah, most mainstream stuff sucks nowadays, however I like Eminem (His old material) and also Jay-Z.

The old Eminem was the shit, im not even gonna lie, but this Emo Eminem we have now sucks ass.

I never really liked Jay z, but he does have some good ass instrumentals.

@Onyxmeth

Never figured you as a rap fan :P

This video is for the thread.

@ Onyxmeth

Lil Wayne is a crazy good rapper. I'm just not feeling him to much at the moment. He needs to get the fuck off that auto-tune on some real shit.

This is my favorite song from him

This song from Weezy is hot too

Around the Network

Seriously, just no, no no no to Lil Wayne, he is not a "Crazy Good Rapper", at best I would consider him average. He's shown promise here and there, but overall has become major, mainstream oriented trash. You need to actually look at his lyrics, there's no depth, no value its trash, especially in that song you just dropped g-value. And heres a video to end the rant, I pretty much agree with it.

g-value said:
This song from Weezy is hot too

Want to see real talent? Here you go:

Now that is real, critically acclaimed, grammy winning material.

@ Necromunda

1.) Your just hating :P

2.) There is no point in telling me all this since at the end of the day, my opinion of Weezy won't change

3.) Not a fan of Jay-Z

g-value said:
@ Necromunda

1.) Your just hating :P

2.) There is no point in telling me all this since at the end of the day, my opinion of Weezy won't change

3.) Not a fan of Jay-Z

I'm not just hating, it sincerely pisses me off, especially when people try and praise Lil Wayne for his lyrics. At the end of the day, Lil Wayne has no lyrical talent, he really doesn't, and he has been attacked regarding this many many times, what pisses me off more, being a Lupe Fiasco fan, who is no doubt the best in the business lyrically right now, is so damn over-rated and gets overlooked for Lil Wayne's lyrics.

You want lyrical genius, there you go, its right in front of you. I dare you to find one song from Lil Wayne that has such a lyrical value and depth as this one. IMO Lupe is the future of Hip Hop and Rap, sure of a hell not Lil Wayne.

@ Necromunda

Once again, telling me all of this won't change anything. Just stop it all of this and accept the fact that there are many people (including me) who feel that Wayne has alot of lyrical talent. Its called an opinion my friend.