By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FF8 had the best battle system in a FF game - who agrees? (junctions ruled)

i wnt to see hw many others agree, ff8 hd the best battle sistem in ff is wht I think. junction gave u custmiztion & u cud overpower urself thrugh hard work in the game. drawing magic ws innovative & addictive, sumthing nevr done in FF before.

Around the Network

The Junction system was insanely boring, and in the end summoning was easier and overly powered.

not the best, but i did like it. especially the summons and abilities u get from them.

ff8 is among my favourites more for the story and characters though

Junction is needlessly tedious to use.

And by using junction the game is broken.

It makes you extremely overpowered, and halfway through the game the only thing you do in battles is spam limit breaks.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

y is junction tedius or boring? its nt hard to use, u can experimnt with diffrent magic, it allws varity. it is a vry deep system.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
y is junction tedius or boring? its nt hard to use, u can experimnt with diffrent magic, it allws varity. it is a vry deep system.

Because you have to spend hours getting the best magic like Full-Life and Ultima just to maximize your characters.

And so what, you can experiment. There are only a handful of magicks good for one Junction slot and then you stick to one for the majority of the game.

And with Junction, the game becomes broken.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I think FFVIII is one of the more underrated FFs b/c of the junction system and how much people hate it. It was not great, but it really wasn't that bad.

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

dtewi said:
AkibaFan said:

Because you have to spend hours getting the best magic like Full-Life and Ultima just to maximize your characters.

And so what, you can experiment. There are only a handful of magicks good for one Junction slot and then you stick to one for the majority of the game.

And with Junction, the game becomes broken.

u spend hours to grind too, this is nt a prblem. in othr ff's u spend hour to lvl up. in ff8 spending hours to grind gives u magic & with powerful magic u cn make urself mor powerful with help of junction. its nt called brokn, itc called nt playng th game prprly.

No.. the best and only thing good about FF8 was Triple Triad.. the battle system was so boring & broken.. just find the islands closest to Heaven or Hell and you didn't have to think about it again throughout the entire game..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't like it battle system. All the chars are too equal, i prefer the FFIX and FFX instead.