By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXIII characters possibly returning in FF Versus XIII (i hope lightning)

IMPOSSIBLE!

Versus is many many many many years BEFORE FFXIII. Young characters like Maqui and Cid can' t exist on Versus world... not even old characters!!!

Around the Network

I hope so. Final Fantasy XIII has some of the most decorated and well-developed characters I've witnessed in a JRPG this gen.

Maybe some characters exist in the Versus Universe but they wont be related to the events or characters from the FFIII universe. What I mean is that both games are like parallel universes, so each has its own reality.

I dont know if anyone here has seen the movie "The ONE". In that movie in all the parallel universes the same protagonist exist, but in one universe he is married, in the other is GAY and in the other he likes to kill people. It is not that the character is a gay, married and enjoys killing people. Each has its own identity and they dont know a crap about the other.

I think that is the explanation. I really hope that lighting is not in the game.

I hope not, having 13 in the name doesn't mean they need to have tie ins, I just want a good original game.