By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - FFXIII characters possibly returning in FF Versus XIII (i hope lightning)

FFXIII Characters Possibly Returning in Versus XIII
Posted on May 29, 2010 by Shak

We already know that Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII  for PS3 and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the PSP are all part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis universe. Square have previously mentioned that Versus and Agito are not spinoffs, but rather a different story in the same universe.

However, it seems that the Versus XIII and Final Fantasy XIII stories may overlap and be closer than we first thought as IMDB's listing for <a href=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960140/>Final Fantasy Versus XIII</a> suggests that at least two of the Englsh voice actors from Final Fantasy XIII will also be recording voices for Versus XIII.

The page suggests that Daniel Samonas will be recording a voice for Maqui (pictured below), who is part of Snow's gang in Final Fantasy XIII.

It also suggests that Erik Davies will be recording a voice-over for Cid Raines (pictured below),  just as he did in Final Fantasy XIII.

Of course this is still classed as a rumor at the moment, but the page was updated fairly recently (April 26th 2010), so could be accurate. If it is true however, we may even be seeing some of the more major characters such as Lightning in the game, great news for Final Fantasy fans.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/4517/ffxiii-characters-possibly-returning-in-versus-xiii/

this wud be vry cool, i wnt to see lightningm vanille & sazh in versus xiii

Around the Network

Oh god please no, I absolutely hated the (main) characters in FFXIII.

So that's TWO.

No one else.

I don't get why're you speculating if we know the recurring characters.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

the stories and worlds on those games are completely unrelated. that's been known for years

not gonna happen

Oh god I hope not.

Around the Network

ff13 chrtcters wer th best excpt for fang and hope, i hope snow, lightning, vanille come bck. fang can stay stuck in her crystal shell.

AkibaFan said:
ff13 chrtcters wer th best excpt for fang and hope, i hope snow, lightning, vanille come bck. fang can stay stuck in her crystal shell.

Every character from FF13 can die and rot for all I care.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Maybe they're going to use the same voice actors but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will also include the characters they voiced... I think :P

I could have bought Final Fantasy XIII today... but nooo, It had to rain and the streets had to get flooded >_>

Now I'll have to wait until next week >_>

I want a release dateeee!!! >_

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

The most silly characters in history of FF. Hated that game. I finished it only cause i am a fan of the series. Skiped every cutscene. Zack Fair rules!

Nomura himself said that the stories behind both games aren't even related and are in an entirely different time span.

Heck, even Coccon is entirely different just by looking at the tiny amount of info shown so far.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"