By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A new low for gaming media?

And somehow ppl claim Gamespot's credibility is above that of 1up? I think this should put that notion to rest.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Hmm, I actually looked at his video review of K&L after hearing about this and he spoiled the f'n storyline. I don't mind if he doesn't like a game and gives it a bad score (especially if they deserve it). I hate reviewers though that spoil the storyline as well as if to ensure that even those that are still interested in playing the game have their experience ruined before they even start the game..

Jeff Gerstmann was crap anyway, alot of his reviews where very bias.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Gamespot mods have made some interesting comments on their forums.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26072117&page=10

"People, don't direct your anger at Gamespot. This is CNet's meddling. Gamespot consists just of the editorial, news, community, and development teams. It's CNet's marketing that puts the ads up. CNet's marketing that complained. CNet is who can fire their EIC. "

"I just got home. I'm not happy about this. **** CNET and **** Edios."

"All I'm saying is that insulting the editors and news blokes won't help anything. Hit the suits' pockets, and maybe for once something can get fixed."

ckmlb said:
And somehow ppl claim Gamespot's credibility is above that of 1up? I think this should put that notion to rest.

Now I think they are equal. For both companies I would rather take a look at the cover of a game and guess than take their reviews seriously from now on.

Good on Jeff for not folding though, he may have been fired but he got my respect .

Around the Network
Rath said:
ckmlb said:

Now I think they are equal. For both companies I would rather take a look at the cover of a game and guess than take their reviews seriously from now on.

Good on Jeff for not folding though, he may have been fired but he got my respect .

Heh I agree.

Wow, there were so many good reasons to fire the guy. Why would they pick the one shitty one? Morons.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Wow, there were so many good reasons to fire the guy. Why would they pick the one shitty one? Morons.

Seconded.

PROTIP: every gaming review site is always in a state of conflict of interest. If they don't give a game good review -> no site ad revenue if sponsor pulls out -> no more advanced copies -> no more early reviews

Video Game Papercrafts

The only reason Sakurai allowed Snake is because he was already a clone

Wii Friend Code: 2854 9908 3926 2816

Jetlogs said:
PROTIP: every gaming review site is always in a state of conflict of interest. If they don't give a game good review -> no site ad revenue if sponsor pulls out -> no more advanced copies -> no more early reviews

Not true, go check 1up, they give very low scores to games being advertised there all the time (most recently Time Crisis).

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!