By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Loud Advertising Problem

I hope this isn't out of place.......

I was just hoping someone could do something about the noisy adds that have been playing recently. I would rather not have to hear a long add everything I change pages, esspecially not two different ones at the same time (which has happened from time to time). It would be appriciated if someone can do something about them. Thanks.

Around the Network

Yep, commercials are constantly playing all over the website.

I'm against people blocking the website ads. But this is crossing the line.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I just wish I could mute them........

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

it makes a loud noise and slows down my computer, so then my computer lags and it takes longer for me to get the volume down

yeah i noticed this as well.

Kind of annoying

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

Wow, mind reader, I was just about to make a thread for this since I've just had to close off 4 pages that I was looking at, because it's so fustrating, especially when I'm listening to music and I get some stupid bloody woman talk about some cleaning product or shampoo or whatever it is.

The site either needs to get rid of these sound advertisements and add some different ones, or atleast give us the option to turn the sound off...

SAME HERE its so annoying

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I have had to mute my computer when logging in to this site I would rather have pop up ads like ign uses after so many clicks bam its time to see our sponsor then I press continue and I am back.

OMG I was just about to make a thread about this. It's so annoying that everytime I open a new page, the same ad about facial cleansing or whatever comes on. I'd say "give me a mute option", but at the same time, the ads just eat up so much CPU time, that the only way I can navigate a page here is if I go into the task manager in Chrome, and shut off the Shockwave plugin. Kinda inconvenient when I'm also on Youtube.....

Agree. I shouldn't have to mute my computer to surf here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.