By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Reasons Why Super Mario Galaxy 2 Doesn't Deserve 10s

Metallicube said:
DixieKong said:
You know, it's funny. People always make fun of the Wii and say it doesn't have any highly rated games, and then whenever it does get high rated games, they say it doesn't deserve it. It's ridiculous.

Yep, you nailed it.. Wii can never do anything right in the eyes of some people.

My take on the backlash on Galaxy 2's great scores by some people is that they have this precieved notion that Wii is supposed to be the console with inferior games to the precious HD consoles. It's one of the few things they have left to diss the Wii on, now that it's proven to have the most hardware sales, most software sales, most and best exclusives, best price, motion controls, which the competitors are now immitating, even the best 3rd party sales. The apparent lack of AAA core games is one of the last bastions they have to hold against the Wii, and now that something is occuring to disrupt that preconcieved notion, they don't know how to handle it, so they lash out.

This obviously doesn't fit the mold for everyone, as some people just simply don't agree with the reviews, which is understandable. But this is the only way I can see to explain the irrational HATRED and anger for the reviews coming from some people.

Exactly! I think you just spotted the problem! The problem doesn't belong to the game, but to the console.

Around the Network

I can give u 3 reasons for "Why this guy should stop living"

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

guiduc said:
It makes it the best platformer ever released, and I would say it's the best combination soundtrack of the history of video gaming.

I think we all can say for SURE that it IS the best soundtrack of history of gaming.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

andremop said:
The day they abandon the 1up mushroom (and the sound of getting it) is the day i quit gaming! Some things you just don't change!

this

the one up mushroom is iconic and not only that is an extremely satisfying reward

Shonen said:
guiduc said:
It makes it the best platformer ever released, and I would say it's the best combination soundtrack of the history of video gaming.

I think we all can say for SURE that it IS the best soundtrack of history of gaming.

Well I say this because the new tracks are simply awesome, combinated with Koopa Road Remix, Bob-Omb Battlefield, Athletics of World, Slide of 64... We all have the best classics + new awesome compositions.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
DixieKong said:
You know, it's funny. People always make fun of the Wii and say it doesn't have any highly rated games, and then whenever it does get high rated games, they say it doesn't deserve it. It's ridiculous.

Yep, you nailed it.. Wii can never do anything right in the eyes of some people.

My take on the backlash on Galaxy 2's great scores by some people is that they have this precieved notion that Wii is supposed to be the console with inferior games to the precious HD consoles. It's one of the few things they have left to diss the Wii on, now that it's proven to have the most hardware sales, most software sales, most and best exclusives, best price, motion controls, which the competitors are now immitating, even the best 3rd party sales. The apparent lack of AAA core games is one of the last bastions they have to hold against the Wii, and now that something is occuring to disrupt that preconcieved notion, they don't know how to handle it, so they lash out.

This obviously doesn't fit the mold for everyone, as some people just simply don't agree with the reviews, which is understandable. But this is the only way I can see to explain the irrational HATRED and anger for the reviews coming from some people.

wow

this guy has some knowledge

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Metallicube said:
DixieKong said:

Best exclusives? No.  That has not been remotely proven.  The console has the weakest lineup of good games of almost any winning console if anything.  And it would be nice to see megatons aisde from the usual suspects once in a while.  It guarantees Ninty will always have good games on their consoles and it's why most people on this site have a Wii, but new great ip's would be great every now and then.  And for alot of us, the Wii series doesn't cut it. 

And just because it has the lowest price doesn't mean it has the highest value.  Why would anyone aspire to make higher tech machinery if that was the case?  Once the PS3 gets move the only thing the platform will lack is Ninty's experitse in software. 

i'll just say you have a good eye and a legit complaint.

Wow an honest review that doesn't pander to all the pre-order owners which seems to now rule modern gaming reviews.

Mazty said:
Wow an honest review that doesn't pander to all the pre-order owners which seems to now rule modern gaming.

Where have you been the last few years?  Those people might rule the reviews and the forums (aka the internetz), but they don't rule gaming anymore.