By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Black Wii sales

Has the black wii bundle and/or M+ bundle been released in American yet?

Was wondering because Wii hardware sales seem to be really low, even for this time of year. I thought the drop off was people anticipating the new bundle but sales have yet to make a jump.

Around the Network

i think its natural for console sales to be low at this point

At this point I really think the Black Wii bundle is to make sure things are stable going into the summer. I really wasn't expecting some sort of sales boost, but hopefully it can keep things going until the holiday season hits.

Actually, major American retailers such as WalMart and Best Buy have just started to advertise the Black Wii last Sunday with Super Mario Galaxy 2, as seen by it being on the front page of their adverts.

If the bundle has already been released it is not normal. I thought sales would skyrocket after blackWii + WiiSportsResort.

Its below my expectations too but when you look at the competition numbers you know that the slowdown is everywhere. Specially the 360 and PSP.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
At this point I really think the Black Wii bundle is to make sure things are stable going into the summer. I really wasn't expecting some sort of sales boost, but hopefully it can keep things going until the holiday season hits.

Actually, major American retailers such as WalMart and Best Buy have just started to advertise the Black Wii last Sunday with Super Mario Galaxy 2, as seen by it being on the front page of their adverts.

That should help sales for the next 2 - 4 weeks, tbh even if wii sales slipped below PS3 (unlikely), it doesn't matter whatsoever. It's who wins in the holiday season that matters.

So yeah, my point is. Sales are rubbish all round in the summer!

We are coming into the summer. Console sales are always low during this time in North America.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Siko1989 said:
i think its natural for console sales to be low at this point

But not that low, specially after the launch of a new color/bundle. I was not hoping for a huge raise in sales, but a modest one (maybe 10%), but I have seen only falls.

patjuan32 said:
We are coming into the summer. Console sales are always low during this time in North America.

I remember in the year that Mario Kart and the first Wii Fit were launched, sales for the Wii were quite strong given the period of the year.

But this summer, apart of Red Dead Redemption and Galaxy 2, there's no big system sellers coming out...

Bamboleo said:
patjuan32 said:

I remember in the year that Mario Kart and the first Wii Fit were launched, sales for the Wii were quite strong given the period of the year.

But this summer, apart of Red Dead Redemption and Galaxy 2, there's no big system sellers coming out...

That's was a rarity. Things like that do happen. However, point to other times when consoles sold extremely well during the summer. There are very few. Majority of the time Publisher do not release big games duing the summer. Instead they release them during the fall.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba