By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Team Ico Collection: Q1 2011?

naznatips said:
Reasonable said:
If true and the conversion is as good as GoW1/2 then I'll have to buy it. I still play both ICO and SOTC from time to time upscaled on my PS3, and I'd love to see them in proper HD.

The upscaling better be better than GoW 1 and 2. They were extremely half-assed, with the cutscenes not recieving any upscaling at all.

The HD game improvement was very good I thought - but the cutscenes were disappointing.  In ICO/SOTC cutscenes were all in-game engine vs actual pre-rendered though, correct?  So unless I'm wrong I'm assuming that the cutscenes would be generated in-engine again using HD assets.

With GoW1 and 2 I thought the cutscenes were actually pre-rendered using assets and they had been lazy in simply using them again without upgrading them.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

As a non-ps2 owner i support this motion.

Day one.

phinch1 said:
I never bought any of the ps2 ones, but this i will buy

same! hahaha

Never played ICO (sadly). SOC I played and LOVED

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
naznatips said:
Reasonable said:
If true and the conversion is as good as GoW1/2 then I'll have to buy it. I still play both ICO and SOTC from time to time upscaled on my PS3, and I'd love to see them in proper HD.

The upscaling better be better than GoW 1 and 2. They were extremely half-assed, with the cutscenes not recieving any upscaling at all.

The HD game improvement was very good I thought - but the cutscenes were disappointing.  In ICO/SOTC cutscenes were all in-game engine vs actual pre-rendered though, correct?  So unless I'm wrong I'm assuming that the cutscenes would be generated in-engine again using HD assets.

With GoW1 and 2 I thought the cutscenes were actually pre-rendered using assets and they had been lazy in simply using them again without upgrading them.

You are wrong. In GoW1 and 2 neither the pre-rendered nor the in-game cutscenes were upscaled, which led to some extremely hideous in-game cutscenes.

lol if this is true HELL YEAH! :D Sony is on a roll

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

naznatips said:
Reasonable said:
naznatips said:
Reasonable said:

You are wrong. In GoW1 and 2 neither the pre-rendered nor the in-game cutscenes were upscaled, which led to some extremely hideous in-game cutscenes.

I think you missundertood me.  I know the cutscenes look bad I've played the collection.  ButI thought they were all pre-rendered (i.e. Sony didn't bother re-rendering the cutscenes) I didn't realise some where in-game.  Why would those be in a different resolution to the HD in-game assets?

I haven't played right through yet but what I've played I got the impression it was 720p HD in-game with old cut-scenes straight from the PS2 version (hence the gap in looks).

With ICO / SOTC I believe there is no pre-rendering - i.e. cutscenes were played out scripted in real time in the engine, hence they should look just like the in-game at HD resolution (assuming they even release the titles in HD of course).  They did letterbox cut-scenes, and I believe used the drop in on-screen image size to boost the graphics look for the cut-scene moments, but I doubt that should make much difference.

But if there were in-game cut-scenes in GoW collection that were in different resolution then I'm stumped.  I have no idea why you would have HD assets yet render using the engine in a lower resolution for cut-scenes.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Guys, I'm 1000% CERTAIN We'll be getting the Team ICO collection next year. In the last Zipper podcast when they were talking about fan feedback and letting SONY know what the costumers want they mentioned how the GoW Collection only exist because of the GoW3 Survey about the deluxe edition. So many people picked and posted about how they wanted GoW1 and 2 being part of the package so SONY green lit the project.

SONY knows how so many gamers want X-game chat and it's number 1 on blog.share. Team ICO collection is NUMBER 5 and with more than half the votes of X-Game Chat. No way SONY could ignored this. It's a no-brainer.

4 ≈ One

oh please oh please oh please