By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want to enjoy Galaxy 2..

but my experience has been less than ideal thus far.

1.) I can't seem to get my HDTV to a setting that makes the game looks good.  The first Galaxy looked much better on my old SDTV.  Now though, there are jagged edges everywhere and colors look too dull compared to the various trailers our there.  Probably more my TV than the game but still..

2.) Lately, my Wii remote/nunchuck. seems to want to delay inputs for some reason.  Everything I press A, Mario seems to jump about 3/5 of a second later.  Also I find myself moving in circles at odd situations as well.

3.) Also some power-ups feel terrible to control.  I personally think Rock Mario and Dash Yoshi are worse than Spring Mario in the first title.

What is wrong with me. :\ Shouldn't I be enjoying this game more?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

What cables are you using to connect to tv?

Your Wiimote batteries alright? It may be that you've charged them too much and they need replacing

Nothing is worse than spring mario!!!

scottie said:

Your Wiimote batteries alright? It may be that you've charged them too much and they need replacing

1.) AV

2.) I recharged my batteries to see if it was that but I'm still getting the same problems.

3.) Rock Mario is a nightmare on non-spherical platforms and Dash Yoshi can't turn on no dime..

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
scottie said:

1.) AV

2.) I recharged my batteries to see if it was that but I'm still getting the same problems.

3.) Rock Mario is a nightmare on non-spherical platforms and Dash Yoshi can't turn on no dime..

1) Component will help with playing games on a hd tv

2) But the more times you recharge a battery, the worse it becomes. It could be that, even at full charge your batteries aren't good enough and that you actually need new ones

3) Hopefully if you fix 2 then this problem may go away or at least diminsh slightly

Anyway, I'm gonna be getting the game soonish, so I shall let you know how I find it then

the dash yoshi is not supose to turn on a dime .... the componet cables make a diffrence......the delay could be hd lag.... u might want to get u some componet cables.....rock mario is a werid to control but its just to smash things not to use to run about.....

Around the Network

It's because of your TV, HDTV's have lag, you should have it set to game mode first and foremost but the degrades picture quality.. Your best bet is to play it on an SDTV lol but yeah..

The game's not the problem. It's you.

"Success really is decided at birth, and your life will never be better than it is right now. Sorry about that."

puffy said:
It's because of your TV, HDTV's have lag, you should have it set to game mode first and foremost but the degrades picture quality.. Your best bet is to play it on an SDTV lol but yeah..

Yes, but the input lag is 1/30 of a second, not 1/3. And if he can play SMG 1 without problems, than SMG 2 shouldn't cause them either. The HDTV input lag is noticable maybe in a franatic 60 fps FPS on competetive level. That is unless you have the first HDTV LCD ever built.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

SmokedHostage said:

but my experience has been less than ideal thus far.

1.) I can't seem to get my HDTV to a setting that makes the game looks good.  The first Galaxy looked much better on my old SDTV.  Now though, there are jagged edges everywhere and colors look too dull compared to the various trailers our there.  Probably more my TV than the game but still..

2.) Lately, my Wii remote/nunchuck. seems to want to delay inputs for some reason.  Everything I press A, Mario seems to jump about 3/5 of a second later.  Also I find myself moving in circles at odd situations as well.

3.) Also some power-ups feel terrible to control.  I personally think Rock Mario and Dash Yoshi are worse than Spring Mario in the first title.

What is wrong with me. : Shouldn't I be enjoying this game more?

Check this topic for the input lag and playing on HDTV, it's quiete helpful - http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Definitely get some component cables, they work miracles for the clarity and brightness of colours.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046