By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - More ipads sold per week than all mac models put together

scottie said:
numonex said:
superchunk said:
If true, I really have no faith in humanity. I can't believe people would pay that much for so little. Sure the apps and user interface are nice, but for something that is supposed to partially replace a laptop, its so gimped and expensive.

Sony products sell on brand name alone. The PS3 is an over priced piece of garbage. Just an upsized PS2 with a heavy price. But so many idiots will buy it just like the PS2, PS1 and PSP. You can buy a much better console with functionailty and multi-tasking and runs a better dashboard.

PSP is over priced handheld that has cost some people thousands of dollars in games.

PSP is not even a good handheld.  So many better and cheaper handhelds are on the market and they are even cheaper and better quality.

Sony sells expensive cheaply manufactured products to millions of idiots.

You know, I can't shake the feeling that if the platform under criticism here was anything other than the Ipod/phone/pad, that statement would result in a ban

Lets see... yup, I'd definitely say that would have resulted in a ban :) (bolded above were the changes)

Please don't ban me I was just kidding, I love my PS3 :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
disolitude said:
How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?

same could have been said for ipod/iphone in a way ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
disolitude said:

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?

Pfft, they will just release the iPad 2.0 version, and the same people will rebuy the new iPad for it's new functionality.  Seriously, everyone I know who bought an iPhone 2G (about 8 people) went out and bought the 3G when it came out, and out of those people, I think 2 others went out and bought the new 3GS

Tanstalas said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:

Anybody?

Pfft, they will just release the iPad 2.0 version, and the same people will rebuy the new iPad for it's new functionality.  Seriously, everyone I know who bought an iPhone 2G (about 8 people) went out and bought the 3G when it came out, and out of those people, I think 2 others went out and bought the new 3GS

you know a lot of sheep s;))))))))))))

bbeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Tanstalas said:
libellule said:
disolitude said:

Anybody?

you know a lot of sheep s;))))))))))))

bbeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can understand going from 2G to 3G but from #g to 3GS?

Some people have more money than brains, just buying one $600 phone.... oh wait... *hides his Blackberry 9700*

Now, where was I?

Around the Network
scottie said:
Cheebee said:

That's a lot, nice job Apple, didn't think it'd do so well, wow!

But... 'Drive Sony out of the handheld market'?

Eh? With the iPad? It's not even a handheld. :s

I beg to differ. It is designed to be used whilst held aloft in a person's hands, just as the ds and psp are, but very different to a laptop or desktop, which are supported by one's lap or desk respectively

Yes alright, technically, you hold it in your hands. But you get my point.

t's not exactly a mobile device, like PSP, DS, or iPhone/iPod are. Sure you can take it with you, but it won't fit in your pocket. You can't just pop it in your bag. Besides, it's so big, you don't really hold it aloft in your hands, like you mention. Most of the time, you put it on a table, or on your lap, or something like that. It's not like you're going to take it with you and play games on the bus to work, or something. Well some people might, haha, but some people are just awkward. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

All this Apple hate Reminds Me of all the Sony Hate during the PS2 days, So many haters, yet so so many sales.

Apples are good Btw.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I picked up one. It's actually a fairly good device. Apps work a lot better on it than on the iPhone except for Virtual D-pad titles which cause awkwardness.

On the plus side, it is superior to a netbook for the applications netbooks are used for; and in the first week, I probably used my iPad for a lot more than I ever used my netbook for (In two years all I ever did was watch Youtube, browse the net, and write documents with the netbook). The keyboard is vastly superior to a netbook, mostly beecause yoou dn't endd up writtting like tthis. The touch screen is vastly superior to anything else on the market, it's an incredibly smooth experience.

Also, don't judge touchscreen devices on laggy machines like the Samsung Instinct or some Android phone (even the Google Nexus One, which I have, has noticeable lag). Right now only Apple and Nokia seem to be doing it right.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
I picked up one. It's actually a fairly good device. Apps work a lot better on it than on the iPhone except for Virtual D-pad titles which cause awkwardness.

On the plus side, it is superior to a netbook for the applications netbooks are used for; and in the first week, I probably used my iPad for a lot more than I ever used my netbook for (In two years all I ever did was watch Youtube, browse the net, and write documents with the netbook). The keyboard is vastly superior to a netbook, mostly beecause yoou dn't endd up writtting like tthis. The touch screen is vastly superior to anything else on the market, it's an incredibly smooth experience.

Also, don't judge touchscreen devices on laggy machines like the Samsung Instinct or some Android phone (even the Google Nexus One, which I have, has noticeable lag). Right now only Apple and Nokia seem to be doing it right.

huh? I missed something here... Could you type on the ipad with all 10 fingers without looking at the keyboard?

If it comes to an argument of iPad vs. Netbook, the iPad is a better value but the Netbook probably matches what you have at work.

When it comes down to iPad vs. Notebook, the Notebook is a real-sized computer with a real-sized keyboard and can do much more.

Ironically, all three cost about the same. (Walk down to Office Depot or some similar store if you don't believe me).

The personal user might be happy with the iPad, to the best of my knowledge, you can't MS Office on an iPad. And that makes it tough for business users (which is why people buy Netbooks).

The reason for Apple's leadership right now is its distribution system. Having a Windows Mobile phone, I can appreciate how much easier it is for to find Apps to download on my wife's iPhone. But that closed system may eventually be its undoing -- watch the H264 Codec wars where Apple is being challenged by Microsoft AND Google.

As for gaming, PC gaming of the Flash type is in the greatest position of vulnerability from the iPad. (The iPod and to a lesser extent the iPhone are more in the price range of handheld video game machines).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV