By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - More ipads sold per week than all mac models put together

Apple is selling more than 200,000 iPads per week.Which means, according to RBC Capital Markets analyst Mike Abramsky, that sales of the company’s new device have outpaced those of the Mac in the United States and are closing in on those of the iPhone 3GS.

“We believe Apple is now selling >200k iPads/week, greater than US Macs (est. 110k Macs/week) and just below US iPhone 3GS first quart (246k/week).”

source

i didnt believe ipads would affect gaming much because i find it too expensive, but if it keeps selling like this it will become a something nintento has to worry about and could drive sony out of the handheld market. Also note that since PC gaming is no as big as before, and the fact that out of those that bought an ipad "a study found that of the 44 percent who would not buy a notebook, 24 percent would not buy a MacBook, while the other 20 percent would not purchase a PC."i believe the ipad could steal the most PC gaming market and in the long run could affect consoles.

source

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

OMG NO ONE CARES??????????????

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?

The Mac crowd are loving it...and that crowd cast a wide net....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

that is so sad.. considering the IPAD is truely just an oversized itouch..

mM
disolitude said:
How long do you think they can sustain these kinds of sales?

I mean the product is new, its hot...and the Apple user base will buy anything Apple. But once the stylish, artists and unemployed students get their Ipad fill...how will this thing sell?

Anybody?

I'm still waiting for this thing to show up in Canada so I can try it, but...

As an internet browsing device / email / media player it's probably a nice little device. It does ~90% of what people buy netbooks for, I just question how good the keyboard is relative to a netbook. I also think the iPad could gain popularity among older computer users who are frustrated with the clunky and excessively complicated Windows OS. An iPad is used in a different fashion than a netbook/laptop (tablet vs. clamshell) as well, and may gain some fans that way. You aren't being prudent enough disolitude if you think only artists and hipsters are buying ipads.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

deskpro2k3 said:

LOL! My joke IRL.

@ disolitude

Just like the ipod, the Ipad will keep on selling. Only because its "cool".

another successful product from apple and lol@apple user base comment! Apple has been doing extra great with that "user base" alone, no need for others! :P

deskpro2k3 said:

I find it odd that the iPad gets singled out for these jokes in an industry with the gamepad, trackpad, numpad, keypad, and touchpad. Perhaps it's because it's the only one that is expected to fit comfortably between a woman's thighs?

@ disolitude

It launches outside the US this week, and overseas is where the bulk of the iPhone's growth is coming from right now. Between that and the reports of heard of week-long waiting lists in the US, I think this sales pace will keep going for the rest of this year.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.