By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony responds to Insomniac's Xbox move

Source: www.computerandvideogames.com

Sony responds to Insomniac's Xbox move

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusives"
0diggsdigg
Sony Computer Entertainment has responded to Resistance developer Insomniac Games' new multiplatform partnership with EA.

Insomniac just announced this afternoon that it's signed a deal with EA Partners to create a franchise for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The move represents the first time in Insomniac's 16-year history that it will create a game for any other system than PlayStation.

An SCE spokesperson told CVG: "Sony Computer Entertainment and Insomniac Games will continue to build upon a strong, successful 14-year partnership that has led to more than 35 million games sold and enjoyed by fans around the world.

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusive properties in the near future."

Insomniac's widely rumoured to be developing Resistance 3 under the Sony Computer Entertainment banner.
I think this is a damage control.

Around the Network

Resistance 3 must be the exclusive they are talking about

Kinect! who needs video games!

"Damage control" my ass.

Insomniac is an independent studio, and going to another platform was always an option... I'm happy as long as I see their games on my PS3.

they can do whatever they want! at least we will still have a few exclusives by them in the future instead of all going multiplat! :)

I will own you! :D

How is this "damage control"?

It's just for one property, and Insomniac own it.

Now if it were a 10 year exclusive deal like Bungie with Activision, then I can see where you're coming from.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

How is this damage control? :D They are making 'a' franchise to go multi..they will continue to make the PS exclusives in the future as well...this isn't like the Bungie deal so I see no reason why Sony or their fans be even worried about this

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

MS lost Bungie, Sony lost Insomniac, but they will continue to do exclusives for Sony, Things happen it sucks, thats why I own both a PS3 and 360 . Shit Happens.

huaxiong90 said:
How is this "damage control"?

It's just for one property, and Insomniac own it.

Now if it were a 10 year exclusive deal like Bungie with Activision, then I can see where you're coming from.

The 10 year exclusive deal is only for one franchise though.

I am not going crazy because of their multiplat game. Let's see what it looks like first. Same for Bungie.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

So. Going multiplat, but still doing Exclusive/s?

Good for Insomniac. Hope they find success on whatever they do

i find it really funny how people are saying ooo epic. and damage control. and cant wait to see the melt downs.

The only probem is every person on this site who owns a ps3 who i have seen post on these topics seems like they couldnt care less.

So please stop with the dramatics. You are making all of yourselves look silly

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st