By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac goes multiplatform with EA

Insomniac embraces Xbox 360

Insomniac Games has signed a deal with EA Partners to create a franchise for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Very few details are known about the title, but it represents the first time in Insomniac's 16-year history that it will create a game for any other system than PlayStation.

The game will involve a 'brand new universe' from Insomniac, best known for creating Sony-published titles Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance.

The still-unnamed game is in production at the company's Burbank studio. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

"Working with EA Partners allows us to extend the reach of our games to a multiplatform audience while retaining ownership of the intellectual property," said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games.

"We are excited and eager to introduce Insomniac to a new group of gamers while reinforcing to our loyal fans what makes our games special."

"This is an exciting day for all of us at EA Partners and for gamers everywhere," said David DeMartini, senior vice president and general manager of EA Partners.

"Insomniac is renowned for their commitment to quality and their ability to create unique, exciting worlds for gamers to explore. We look forward to help them bring their next blockbuster franchise to the millions of diehard Insomniac fans on PlayStation and the soon to be millions of diehard Insomniac fans on Xbox 360."

A release window for the game was not announced.

The deal comes just a month after Halo developer Bungie signed a ten-year multiplatform deal with Activision. Like Insomniac, the Washington dev was previously a single-platform developer - on Microsoft's Xbox 360.

Sony responds to Insomniac's Xbox move

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusives"
Sony Computer Entertainment has responded to Resistance developer Insomniac Games' new multiplatform partnership with EA.

Insomniac just announced this afternoon that it's signed a deal with EA Partners to create a franchise for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The move represents the first time in Insomniac's 16-year history that it will create a game for any other system than PlayStation.

An SCE spokesperson told CVG: "Sony Computer Entertainment and Insomniac Games will continue to build upon a strong, successful 14-year partnership that has led to more than 35 million games sold and enjoyed by fans around the world.

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusive properties in the near future."

Insomniac's widely rumoured to be developing Resistance 3 under the Sony Computer Entertainment banner.

Around the Network

Good for them, let's see what they can come up with of new IP.

I'd be very interested to see what it is. I was a bit dissapointed they stuck with only Resistance and Ratchet this gen with the PS3.

Cool lets see what they can do with this!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I hope EA are not thinking about having another shooter. -_-

Around the Network

WOW! so it finally happened!

OT: hope this doesn't mean no more Resistance and ratchet from them.....

Wait, this is huge, isn't it?

Well, Nintendo fans, let's just watch, shall we? Reggie got us covered!

Already posted
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=110054

I could understand going multiplatform. But EA? Oh, Insomniac. What have you done to yourself?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ping_ii said:
WOW! so it finally happened!

OT: hope this doesn't mean no more Resistance and ratchet from them.....

Sony responds to Insomniac's Xbox move

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusives"

Sony Computer Entertainment has responded to Resistance developer Insomniac Games' new multiplatform partnership with EA.

Insomniac just announced this afternoon that it's signed a deal with EA Partners to create a franchise for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The move represents the first time in Insomniac's 16-year history that it will create a game for any other system than PlayStation.

An SCE spokesperson told CVG: "Sony Computer Entertainment and Insomniac Games will continue to build upon a strong, successful 14-year partnership that has led to more than 35 million games sold and enjoyed by fans around the world.

"We look forward to unveiling Insomniac's next PS3 exclusive properties in the near future."

Insomniac's widely rumoured to be developing Resistance 3 under the Sony Computer Entertainment banner.