By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: MS will always win when it comes to money

Sony is just crying over the fact that they aren't as dominant as they once were. What a shame! During the early PS3 days even though they were trailing majorly behind suffering losses at new levels, they were still thought they new what they were doing, acting superior! There major down fall was that they got too cocky and thought they were indestructible!

Now look how the their "policy" sounds now! trailing third, strapped for finance. Regardless of what they have suffered and learnt, they have not got what it takes to win this console generation, nor will they learn from their mistakes! The fact that they always seem to lack true modesty, is one of the major factors why they will never learn. Even that speech above isn't going to fly with me.

I think MS think outside the box....its clear that Sony still haven't leant how to do that...

Around the Network

I think Sony are copying Nintendo again. Im pretty sure I heard Nintendo talk about expanded market and all that other jazz a while back!

Though I too must wonder if it relates somehow to Microsoft buying massive support for Natal? In any case they too could have bought support if they hadn't subsidized every PS3 bought so far by between $100 and $200 and thats after games, accessories, bla.

Tease.

ruff_romeo said:
Sony is just crying over the fact that they aren't as dominant as they once were. What a shame! During the early PS3 days even though they were trailing majorly behind suffering losses at new levels, they were still thought they new what they were doing, acting superior! There major down fall was that they got too cocky and thought they were indestructible!

Now look how the their "policy" sounds now! trailing third, strapped for finance. Regardless of what they have suffered and learnt, they have not got what it takes to win this console generation, nor will they learn from their mistakes! The fact that they always seem to lack true modesty, is one of the major factors why they will never learn. Even that speech above isn't going to fly with me.

I think MS think outside the box....its clear that Sony still haven't leant how to do that...

Haha, you took offense to this article even though there was nothing offensive about it. Sony isn't crying over anything, they are acknowledging the fact that MicroSoft has more money than they do and that is a big benefit.

Lol what does modesty have to do with the business, and not that it matters, but Sony is more modest than the egotisitical giant that is MicroSoft! I think Sony has learned alot and if MicroSoft had ever come out of a generation where their console completely wrecked their competition only to be in last place the next generation, the only thing they would learn was to quit.

Haha thinking outside the box, MS should try thinking outside their wallet first, btw Nintendo is the only one that truly thought outside the box this generation.

Sony has been a smart company for a very long time, they have really helped technology along the way, whey were the first to make a Beta VCR, the walkman was a first for portable divices, cd players, if it was not for the PS2 pushing DVD format who knows where we would be, the list goes on, Now Sony is doing the same for Bluray, You have to give respect where its Due, How many companies make a flat panel HD TV that dam near look Identical, with the same exact features and stats, 1080p, 120 htz, what ever, I don't hear anyone talking about a company being copied, Different companies will always take someones ideas and make it better, its technology evoluction , Same with MS and computers, well, Bill Gates kinda stoll the OS program, and copied it for Windows, right, same thing , we made it better. So give the credit where its deserved. Sonys money will be just fine. PS3, PS move is on the way of blowing up profits wise, PS3 has another 6 years to make lots of money !!!!

Seece said:
I wonder, if Microsoft went on a buying spree for studios, would that be classed as "stealing"?

That depends on who you ask.

Obviously, no.  It's fine to buy loyalty.  MS is buying into franchises, in many cases -- such as the grand theft auto stuff.  The publisher sees the profitability and success on the 360 and says, "wow, this is going to be our lead platform now."

And with games like Final Fantasy 13, they are trying to prove viability of the platform.  You sold more units because you published on two platforms.  Game development is expensive and you need to reach as large an audience as possible.

Sony falling into third place is good for the industry.  And in the long term, it's good for Sony.  Next generation they'll be more prudent and they will be more pragmatic.

Around the Network

this is like duh, MS shells out tons of cash for exclusives, even timed ones

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Every time we hear something like this from Sony it's usually preemptive damage control for a lost major exclusive. I can't see it being Insomniac going multiplatform since technically Microsoft didn't money hat it so it'll be interesting to see why they're suddenly saying it again now.

mai said:

Hmm, was it Sony who introduced massive money hatting as competition method in video game business back in 1990s, or I'm mistaken?

//Did they just change their PR rhetorics to "get industry bigger"? I don't remember anything like that when last time I read smth that's been said by Sony exec.

Nope it was nintendo. They paid a company to have exclusive rights to a console version of nightwatch but it was clear they would never release hardware capable of playing it. Therefore they paid just to make sure the game never made it to a sega console (sega cd).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

DirtyP2002 said:
Smashed said:
It's true.

Every time you hear about a once PS3 game gone multiplatform, it always ends up that Microsoft had paid a large amount of money for that to go down.

things you hear on the internet...

Because it's said on the internet means it isn't true?

The internet is pretty much the #1 source of everything now.

Sony's been sounding very Nintendo-ish of late. Maybe the musical chairs of PR have switched again, and we'll see ass-arrogant Nintendo come back.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.