By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PSN+ subscription details

badgenome said:

I do think making cross game chat a premium feature is kind of a fail. That's not the kind of feature that should have a split user base.

Agreed.  Don't see how that's a premium feature. 

It's got a lot of great features, but I wouldn't pay 10 bucks a month for it.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

I did read somewhere that cross game chat would be offered to everyone. Maybe it will just be exclusive to subscribers to start for a short time.

Cloud Saving is cool but not quite $9.99 a month cool.

Wasn't it rumored that they'd throw in a free PSN game per month too? That would sweeten the steep $10/month price tag. The protection plan is great. Cloud-based game saves is a good way to compensate for that whole game save lock out problem (ie. gamers freaking out over losing access to game saves because their console broke down and they needed to get it serviced) but it wouldn't be needed if game devs weren't game save transfer nazis. Cross-game voice chat is good too since it brings it up to par with XBL Gold. The idea of in-game DLC exclusive to this subscription is annoying though. More nickel and diming. DLC just gives devs an excuse to cut content out of the finished product of a game and then sell that cut out content as DLC later (or even Day 1).

I'll wait for the final E3 announcement before coming to a final decision BUT the protection plan and games sound intriguing....not a bad price for that many features and possibly more 'imo/

BUT good thing is NO one will be forced to buy this, so +1 respect for Sony

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

This is a very smart move, Online gaming should always be free, with a 60 dollar game, cable Internet is also expensive, you should always be able to play online for free, MS should take a lesson from this, all of the extras to pay for is fine, thats fair, but online gaming should always be FREE. Thank you Sony for not ripping me off !!

Cloud saving and cross game chat sound really good but $9.99 does sound a bit much compared to live, but i still might get it.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

Hmmm $10 a month? For the features listed above, $120 a year is way too steep IMO.

If they give us cloud then its on, been waiting for a feature that allows me to get my movies from my old PS3 to my slim.

$50 per month please sony.... don't gimp us because i want to talk to my friend for a LONG time.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!