By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PSN+ subscription details

KylieDog said:
Cactus said:
Sources tell us that subscribers will have access to a rotating list of PSP Minis and PSone Classics

What exactly does this mean? Are some future PSone Classics going to be subscriber only??

It means it will for example list 3 PS1 classics and for a month you can download and play them, after that they may pick 3 other PS1 classics and you can play those for 'free' instead.

Though I wouldn't go expecting any worthwhile games to be added as options, they will likely use the games no one buys.

Alright, thanks. That makes much more sense.

Around the Network

Sound interesting. But I will be pretty upset if cross-game voice chat is not in the basic service. That should be something everyone gets for free. If they remove that from the "for pay" list, then everything else is reasonable.

As a 360 owner, if XBL cost the same amount it does now but multiplayer was free, I wouldn't pay for the extra services. I think this will have the same problem, because as long as people can play online for free, all of this will simply be luxuries that the majority will not bother with.

What's cloud saving?

Signature goes here!

If its $10 a month by a monthly plan, wouldn't that make it a minimum of like $70 a year if paid yearly (~$6 a month). Obviously this is still price speculation.

As for the service itself, I would possibly get it if the discounts and freebies are good enough. The only other feature I am really interested in on PSN+ is cross-game chat.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
What's cloud saving?

Its where you go out and save endangered clouds from extinction by giving them their own sky reserve where no cloud poachers can get them.

Well, it would depend on price.

The free monthly game choices and protection plan seem like a very good deal. But, $10/mo is kinda steep. idk. I'd expect a better per year price, guess we'll know in a few weeks.

nightsurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
What's cloud saving?

Its where you go out and save endangered clouds from extinction by giving them their own sky reserve where no cloud poachers can get them.

Then sign me up for PSN+!

But, seriously... what is it?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
nightsurge said:
TruckOSaurus said:
What's cloud saving?

Then sign me up for PSN+!

But, seriously... what is it?

It's where your game saves are not saved locally but on a server.  That way they can be accessed from anywhere and are not lost if your hard drive dies.

Hmmm could be useful.... but not as much as saving endangered clouds though.

Signature goes here!