By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PSP2 will be a download-only!!!

Guess they can forget the "casual" market next time then.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

If PSP2 is full DL, I know who's not going to be the marketleader next gen.

Pixel Art can be fun.

if it wil be download only not only is that soo anti fan..because why not let the consumers make the choice? if psp2 will be download only i wil not buy it

I'd actually get it if it's a PSP Go-priced phone, not locked to just some network. Doesn't seem to be the way of mobiles though.
Buying games for it is another thing entirely, if they keep their crazy retailer price for downloadable games, I can't see myself getting more than 2-3 for years.

Wow people haven't any of you thought about where video games have started and what they have come to now days? First games were mostly stored on onboard memory banks (like ram in our computer), these continued to increase in size and finally cd's were introduced. Games where then stored on these, and later dvd's and ultimatly blu-rays. Now the digital age is starting to come in very slowly after flash memory can be made at a lower cost and better durability, and faster load times and such then disc's. Its the called media "transfer", and it is usually for our good. Think of it as a personal computer, video games have all followed in their footsteps. Our first computers did not have hard drives they had memory "cards" like the nintendo and ataris had. Then computers got disc media and the console slowly merged with that. Finally alot of them have now incorporated HD's and flash memory into their core storage and media liek todays computers. True our computers have kept most or all of these features today. But many features to are staring to be phased out like floppy media, zip drives, and also a start of mechanical hd's.

Around the Network

Why do people insist on physical media in a handheld? Do people use their brains at all anymore? Go return a PSP game after 3 weeks and see what you get for it. Gamestop will maybe give you $10, on ebay you may get $15. Who is that hard up? Secondly, if you are only going to keep something for a month go rent it 1 time. It's about 5 dollars to rent a game at most video stores, and they have any late fees, plus that is way less than buying and selling games.

Physical media on a handheld in now is as backwards as using horses to pull your Camry. We have digital services now were you can by something under an account, and own it forever. Download it to up to 5 active devices at a time, as many times as you want.

If you loose 15 UMDS and your PSP at the airport its all gone. If your loose your PSP Go with 50 games on it, call Sony and have it deactivated, buy a new PSP and redownload all of your games.

But I don't have fast, any, enough internet/bandwidth. There are free wifi locations all over the place. If you can't drive to find a spot to download games, you won't be able to drive to buy a physical copy either.

I could go on for days about the many advantages of digital media versus physical media on a mobile device, but it would be worthless, because people have lost all common sense.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

hehe. It seems funny to suggest that the PSP Go has even followed a trail, let alone blazed one.

Well the PSP 2 is certainly starting to seem like an attempt to compete with the iphone, it's more and more starting to seem like somthing that will be less preferable than the iphone.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Makes sense, I'm looking forward to the PSP 2! Hope it comes with GPS.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

KBG29 said:
Why do people insist on physical media in a handheld? Do people use their brains at all anymore? Go return a PSP game after 3 weeks and see what you get for it. Gamestop will maybe give you $10, on ebay you may get $15. Who is that hard up? Secondly, if you are only going to keep something for a month go rent it 1 time. It's about 5 dollars to rent a game at most video stores, and they have any late fees, plus that is way less than buying and selling games.

Physical media on a handheld in now is as backwards as using horses to pull your Camry. We have digital services now were you can by something under an account, and own it forever. Download it to up to 5 active devices at a time, as many times as you want.

If you loose 15 UMDS and your PSP at the airport its all gone. If your loose your PSP Go with 50 games on it, call Sony and have it deactivated, buy a new PSP and redownload all of your games.

But I don't have fast, any, enough internet/bandwidth. There are free wifi locations all over the place. If you can't drive to find a spot to download games, you won't be able to drive to buy a physical copy either.

I could go on for days about the many advantages of digital media versus physical media on a mobile device, but it would be worthless, because people have lost all common sense.

There are so many things wrong with this, PSP games are worth nothing because the PSP is so dead the games aren't selling.  They don't want your used games because they can't sell them.  Yet if you go to Japan you can get very high value for used games, because without a system of renting games buying and selling works as a form of renting.  With all digital you can't rent, you can't sell, you can't lend unless you give them your whole system, you're just gonna ask everyone to suck it up and pay $60 or not play the game.  I'm not gonna do that, and most other people aren't either.  With $60 games renting is extremely important.  I don't know what makes you think most games this gen are worth keeping for a month, most games you can do the most fun parts of the game in 1-3 days if you have a few hours a day.  Also if you don't rent a game you don't know if you want to buy it, even demos don't do the full game justice usually. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

KBG29 said:
common sense.

You must first have some before demanding others.