By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what your top 3 gaming systems of all time and worst gaming system you own

My top three favorite systems are probably the PS1, the SNES, and the Saturn. The NES, N64, PS2, PS3, Dreamcast, and Genesis are all up there too. It's too hard of a question.

Now, the worst gaming console I own is an easy question. 3DO.

Around the Network

best :
snes
ps2
ps3

worst:
psp

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3,PSP, GBC, GBA, GC, PC I loved them all.

360 & DS, suck. RROD is inexcusable and DS has like no games I wanna play

top -
1. ps2
2. pc (or snes if you don't count that)
3. n64

worst - I don't buy bad game systems

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

fatty101 said:

Hard to name my top 3 gaming system personally however worst gaming systems i own personally is

psp (it ok not bad but not great)

gamecube(hated  only 2 games i like smash bros and wind waker).

orignal xbox (to me all it had was halo 1 and 2 and online other than that nothing else

The original Xbox was awesome if you didn't want to spend money on a high end PC during the time. Not only were Halo 1 and 2 great. But I enjoyed Doom 3, Doom 3 RoE, Half Life 2, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon, Bioware RPGs, DOA games, Shenmue 2, etc. It generally had the best versions of multiplat games as well.

My top 3...

Xbox 360

PS2

PS1

My worst was definitely the Game.com. The games were abysmal. Sharp graphics did not compensate.

My worst home console would be the Sega CD, but I did play it a lot. Also, I didn't play the great Sega CD games until emulation.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

SNES
Wii
DS
Really no order

Worst? Eh I only buy systems that I know have games I will like so do not really have a worst. I have systems from Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Atari.

@Mr.pugsley holy crap I actually did own Game.com and boy was crap. I forgot I had it. disregard my prior statements, this was def. the worst of the worst, right there with Virtua Boy. anyone had the misfortune to own a game.com

Best:
1) SNES (my first system)
2) Wii
3) Mmm.. PS2, GBA, or GCN.. Can't decide.

Wost:
1) every Atari
2) every xBox
3) PSP

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Top 3 Best: Favorite Games For Each:

1 - SNES: Super Tennis and Super Mario Kart

2 - Wii: Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii

3 - Xbox 360: Halo 3 and Call of Duty: World at War

Worst:

I don't think I have a worst :).

Top 3:

1) Dreamcast:

Despite porting its entire library of great games to the Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox, it was still my favorite system ever. Shenmue 2, Sonic Adventure 2, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, NFL 2k, Phantasy Star Online, dear lord there were so many amazing times with that console.

2) Nintendo 64:

Who cares if there weren't many games, the games it did have were so far ahead of their time that their Wii and Gamecube sequels are years behind them. Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, Excitebike 64, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Super Smash Bros? All of them among my favorite games of all time.

3) Game Boy Advance:

Yeah, it's an unusual choice for a favorite system, but the GBA has a lot going in its favor. Golden Sun and Golden Sun: Lost Age are pure brilliance, Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion are my favorite Metroid games and perfect 10's in my opinion, Mother 3 is mind-blowingly good, The Minish Cap is my second favorite 2-d Zelda, I love the Mega Man Zero games, and so much more.

Worst:

Xbox: What a colossal waste of money. Sure, Halo and Halo 2 were amazing games, but other than that the system was pure shit. Everyone tried to make realistic games with the Xbox, but the problem was the Xbox still didn't have the power necessary for it to be believable. The console was a never-ending cycle of hyped up games that fell short. Dead to Rights, Fable, Splinter Cell (it sucks, go back and try to play it today), Brute Force, ugh. I hate myself for the $1000 I pumped into that system.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d