By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what your top 3 gaming systems of all time and worst gaming system you own

Top 3:

1.) PlayStation 2
2.) PlayStation 1
3.) PlayStation 3

Worst 3:

1.) Wii
2.) N64
3.) Dreamcast

Around the Network

#1 (tie). PlayStation & SNES ~ on the strength of the libraries of each system, picking between them is an impossible task as my answer would change every day.

#2 PlayStation 2 ~ Another console with a great library of games, maybe not a strong as my two number one picks, but still right up there.

#3 Sega Genesis/32x/CD ~ Combined into one console it's just an awesome setup, there is something for everyone.

My favourites, in no particular order:
N64
SNES
Play Station

Less favourite: Genesis

Alot of young gamers here.

Best :

1. N64. ( This console was amazing beyond belief. In it's day, it's top titles were so far ahead of it's time. )

2. Snes ( Again amazing console, with an absolute wealth of top tier games. Just edged out by the tremendous N64 )

3. 360 ( Still not over yet, and has already got some fantastic new franchises as well as a phenomenal online segment. )

Worst:

1. Mega Drive ( Next to the Snes it just wasnt that good. It has some good games, and to many overated games.

2. PS1 ( Again, way to many overated games. Crash was diabolical next to MArio 64 for example. And the massively jumpy polygons was hard to bear after playing the N64. However it did have some great titles like FF7 and Resi 2 )

3. Wii ( Oh how Nintendo fall. They may have the sales through casuals, but even their first party titles are miles behind the gems they used to release. Watered down first party is my only way to describe my experience with Wii. )

Top 3:
1) Dreamcast
2) Playstation 1
3) SNES/Megadrive

Worst:
Nintendo 64.

Around the Network

Best:
-SNES
-N64
-PS1
The worst I own:
-XBOX (the old one)

top 3
1.Pc (if you can count it as a system)
2.Snes
3.Ps1

worst
1.Xbox (when thou 3 xboxes they break after one or two years reason i'll get a ps3 instead of a the 360 fear the ring of death =O)

"We don't always hack sites but when we do, we prefer Sony"-Anonymous

http://www.cristgaming.com/pirate.swf

Best

3rd best - PS1
2nd best - N64
1st best - PS2

Never owned a console that I didn't like to some degree.

1)ps2-Kingdom hearts/metal gear solid 3/and shadow of the colossus are all in my top 10 all time
2)N64- don't have to explain here
3)PS3-Uncharted 2 is top 5 all time. Here's to last guardian and versus 13 being just as good.

Close number 4 is original xbox, revolutionary online halo's and original Kotor make it a great console, built in hard drive multimedia, wish it had more games.

close number 5 is SNES, i was a lot younger so it i didn't play too much, but all the mario's and FF6 make it awesome.

I feel like i should put the ds or gameboy in here but the only games i played were pokemon.

BTw my gaming timeline looks like this:

SNES-N64-GAMEBOY-(decent pc)-GAMECUBE-GBA-XBOX-PS2-DS-X360-PS3-PSP-(soon to be wii)-(3DS??)

"even a dead god still dreams"

Best (in no order):

PS1: too many great games, innovative and charming

SNES: maybe the greatest I have played, just because it has many of my favourite games of all time (FFVI, Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Demons's Crest, etc)

PS3: It's been a lot of time since I enjoyed so much a gaming system. Not the best, but maybe getting there

Worst (not actually bad, but didn't enjoy them so much as others:

N64: overhyped, few really good games...actually few games, and expensive as hell

PSP: few games and ankward to use

PS2: despite the huge library, I can pick only a few games that I really liked, but they were really good (MGS 2-3, RE 4, FFX-XII, among others).

The NES would be in beetween the best and worst.

I owned other consoles or had the chance to play them that I really disliked, but for me don't count because I played very little with them: Gamecube, 3DO, Wii, Gameboy, DS. All of these I would put them lower than my "worst" though.