By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can't Believe myself... I bought Red Dead over ModNation...

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
@ZEN

How is it not a choice, you will likely probably get many more hours of gaming on MODNATION RACER then red dead redemption.

I mean I don't see you complaining about mario kart wii being $50? Which you bought..

Modnation racers has the lengthy single player campaign (similar to what mario kart offers) and then a huge creation aspect of it.. were people can create infinite amount of levels that can be even better than the single player campaign, not to mention you can play with your friends online or off screen.

It's about the quality of the game, not the number of playable hours. As far as that goes, I could play pong indefinitely, but it sucks, so I won't.

Why I personally believe, it's not much of a choice(and this is just my opinion) is that MNR is 10 dollars more than Mario Kart, and 10 dollars more than RDR. I can't justify paying full price for a game, when there have been so many far better games coming out lately(judging by reviews, and the many complaints in this thread and others about the loading times) which cost significnatly less(RDR is almost 20 percent less). To top it all off, I DO own Mario Kart, AND Wipeout HD, what what would make me pay full price for MNR, just to have to wait for it to be patched, at a time when it's already in the bargin bin.

So, while I'm not SURE, I'd wager that another brand new game, RDR(which I'm playing right now for PS3 afterall) is significantly cheaper, and significantly better.

If you buy by genre, sure it's a choice, but if you buy by quality, then I have a hard time recommending any current game over RDR, much less one that requires a non-existant patch that you can only hope is coming soon.

My question is why would anyone pay full price on a game they need to wait on a patch for anyway?

GoW3, LBP, and UC2 were 57.99 on Amazon when they launched. Do you really believe you'll be getting a fair deal on MNR launching at 59.99? IMO it should be 29.99.

Modnation racers is worth it though, the full sixty dollars, hell i would buy it for 100 dollars. The creation tools in the game makes it a quality title, not to mention that the gameplay is amazing. I loved drifting and shooting level 3 weapons at my friends in 4 player split screen. I do not know how you can say MK has more quality than MNR and is more worth it even if it is 10 dollars cheaper.

MK is amazing, but the online community is weak, the tracks get old, and even the characters get old when compared to MNR. Not only that, but MK has the biggest rubber banding gameplay i have ever seen. MNR fixes that with it's boost meter gameplay. 

I get how the game might be to expensive for you, but you should not be stating how the game is not worth it. I will be playing it, patched or not. The game offers more than enough, even though it has 45 second load times. 

RDR is another story, but i chose not to get it because i want to support what United Front Games is doing with this game, They did an amazing job. RDR is a better game, but it is totally different, and i would bet my account that the online community for MNR will be alive longer than RDR, and bigger, no matter what the sales. 

And by the way, MNR has a pre-order bonus of 10$ on any future game purchase on Amazon. That is just a steal.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
wow, some serious trolling from someone who just stated he never played a game.

Buying a game is based on choice. I never claim to understand why people would buy one game over another, since both games are quality titles. Like leo said... it comes down to "choice".

Wrong. Look up the definition of trolling. I believe the game is overpriced based upon a number of factors, including my own perception, my opinion, user opinion based off the demo, reviews, and the price of the game relative to the prices of other games releasing at the same time.

I don't need to live in a house to appraise it.

Anyway, the only way this would be trolling, is if I was pretending that I have played it. I've stuck to topic, I've given my opinion fairly and freely, and I've responded to my critics. I've been honest and open, and just because you don't like my opinion, you want to flame me for it.

Have you played MNR and RDR? You said they were both quality titles, I assume you've played them, because if you haven't, you're a biased hypocrite. You just called me a troll for giving my opinion on a title without haven't currently played it(which I stated very clearly right up front, and on multiple occasions), so if you haven't played them, what does that make you?

If you have, however, you are still wrong. I can give my opinions on not yet released games all I want, and everyone here does it in nearly every post they make. To top it all off, I'm not actually flaming the game, I'm just complaining that it costs too much for what it appears to be, relative to another recently released game, which is DIRECTLY relating to the OP, and the OP implies as much in the OP. There is nothing even remotely off topic about what I'm saying, and giving my opinion should be met with your opinion, not your subverted and biased attempts to silcence it.

the difference between you and me is... when I haven't played a title, I don't go and telling people how I think the game is overpriced or not worth the money.

That to me is more than "merely stating your personal opinion".

...yet you do go around tellling people that games you've never played are quality titles, without stating that you've never played them.

@Seece

Thanks.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Seece said:
kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
kingofwale said:
wow, some serious trolling from someone who just stated he never played a game.

Buying a game is based on choice. I never claim to understand why people would buy one game over another, since both games are quality titles. Like leo said... it comes down to "choice".

Wrong. Look up the definition of trolling. I believe the game is overpriced based upon a number of factors, including my own perception, my opinion, user opinion based off the demo, reviews, and the price of the game relative to the prices of other games releasing at the same time.

I don't need to live in a house to appraise it.

Anyway, the only way this would be trolling, is if I was pretending that I have played it. I've stuck to topic, I've given my opinion fairly and freely, and I've responded to my critics. I've been honest and open, and just because you don't like my opinion, you want to flame me for it.

Have you played MNR and RDR? You said they were both quality titles, I assume you've played them, because if you haven't, you're a biased hypocrite. You just called me a troll for giving my opinion on a title without haven't currently played it(which I stated very clearly right up front, and on multiple occasions), so if you haven't played them, what does that make you?

If you have, however, you are still wrong. I can give my opinions on not yet released games all I want, and everyone here does it in nearly every post they make. To top it all off, I'm not actually flaming the game, I'm just complaining that it costs too much for what it appears to be, relative to another recently released game, which is DIRECTLY relating to the OP, and the OP implies as much in the OP. There is nothing even remotely off topic about what I'm saying, and giving my opinion should be met with your opinion, not your subverted and biased attempts to silcence it.

the difference between you and me is... when I haven't played a title, I don't go and telling people how I think the game is overpriced or not worth the money.

That to me is more than "merely stating your personal opinion".

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=3391937

O rly?

Aaaaand he's gone.

Epic win, Seece.

radiantshadow92 said:

Modnation racers is worth it though, the full sixty dollars, hell i would buy it for 100 dollars. The creation tools in the game makes it a quality title, not to mention that the gameplay is amazing. I loved drifting and shooting level 3 weapons at my friends in 4 player split screen. I do not know how you can say MK has more quality than MNR and is more worth it even if it is 10 dollars cheaper.

MK is amazing, but the online community is weak, the tracks get old, and even the characters get old when compared to MNR. Not only that, but MK has the biggest rubber banding gameplay i have ever seen. MNR fixes that with it's boost meter gameplay. 

I get how the game might be to expensive for you, but you should not be stating how the game is not worth it. I will be playing it, patched or not. The game offers more than enough, even though it has 45 second load times. 

RDR is another story, but i chose not to get it because i want to support what United Front Games is doing with this game, They did an amazing job. RDR is a better game, but it is totally different, and i would bet my account that the online community for MNR will be alive longer than RDR, and bigger, no matter what the sales. 

And by the way, MNR has a pre-order bonus of 10$ on any future game purchase on Amazon. That is just a steal.

I've never played the game, so I can't disagree...however...

I don't understand what's so upsetting about this. To me, the game would not worth 10 dollars more than Mario Kart or RDR, I don't care if it's better or not. The game has, from what I hear, some issues with loading, and its reviews aren't that great.

If to you, the game is better than any other game, then fine, sing it to the rooftops. However, I disagree that MNR is a "steal."

I have a feeling, in my heart of hearts, that there are better cheaper games out there, based on things I've mentioned in previous posts, and that is the ONLY thing I can or should base my opinion on. That's all I've given, is my opinion, and I even called it ignorant earlier, because it is.

So, I understand about buying a game to support a developer or a console, or whatever, that is fine, and I understand if you believe the game is vastly better than RDR. However, I have my doubts, and store credit or not, it's still 10 more bones you have to shell out for MNR.

Had I a wish, it would be that MNR was a 39.99 game or a DLC title, because I would probably own it, but I have a long list of games I've been meaning to play, so I couldn't justify the purchase at least until they patch the loading and the price drops significantly.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I've never played the game, so I can't disagree...however...

I don't understand what's so upsetting about this. To me, the game would not worth 10 dollars more than Mario Kart or RDR, I don't care if it's better or not. The game has, from what I hear, some issues with loading, and its reviews aren't that great.

If to you, the game is better than any other game, then fine, sing it to the rooftops. However, I disagree that MNR is a "steal."

I have a feeling, in my heart of hearts, that there are better cheaper games out there, based on things I've mentioned in previous posts, and that is the ONLY thing I can or should base my opinion on. That's all I've given, is my opinion, and I even called it ignorant earlier, because it is.

So, I understand about buying a game to support a developer or a console, or whatever, that is fine, and I understand if you believe the game is vastly better than RDR. However, I have my doubts, and store credit or not, it's still 10 more bones you have to shell out for MNR.

Had I a wish, it would be that MNR was a 39.99 game or a DLC title, because I would probably own it, but I have a long list of games I've been meaning to play, so I couldn't justify the purchase at least until they patch the loading and the price drops significantly.

Fair enough, and if you have not played it, try the demo yourself. Use the creation tools, and make something you want. Race with a friend or something, maybe you will like it. And i still think RDR is the better game, it is just that i have been waiting for a good kart racer for a while.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ Zen

I wonder this, since I see you defend it so often, how would feel if said that Half-Life 2 was crap, even though they haven't played it? You'd be in here slinging punches like a beer belly in a drunk fight.

Keep that in mind while you're speaking about what MNR should/shouldn't cost, or how there are "better" games out there.

He's not saying MNR is crap.

He makes a valid point, you could apply your "choice" method to everything in this world. There comes a point where a bar needs to be put in place though ...

OP, you actually read reviews? Really? Like you read IGN, Gamespot, 1UP, GT, and Game Informer?

Man, you need to read EGM.

I would've bought ModNation Racers if I had been hyped for it for a year.

Just bought RDR on Thursday and it is a real good game. I should also be picking up MNR on Tuesday.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Why not buy both? I mean RDR is an awesome game, but so is MNR. I was very happy to get both and at the moment I am having trouble deciding which one to play.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

@OP too late mate :D It has already started....see I told ya!

The my opinion is above others so my fave games are more valuable than the ones you think worth the buck gang is here....and their supporters as well :P Double standards are funneh

Oh well Get MNR in the future as well and have a blast mate, I know I will :D me and my friends r waiting till the exams are done to get the party started

The game will last for decades with millions of user generated content! that along makes it worth way way more than the over prices MK which is pretty much N64 version with a bit better graphics and with tracks and characters that get old and gets old fast..."IMO" so cheers

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!