By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Wii owners: Why haven't you bought an HD console yet?

Siko1989 said:
cura said:
because the only games worth playing are from Nintendo (not from me but I have read this reason on forums before).

your in the wrong thread mate, this is to wii owners not HD Owners.. go to the  "To HD Owners: why havnt you bought a Wii yet? thread"

So, why exactly would "only Nintendo games are worth playing" NOT be a reason "why [someone] hasn't bought an HD console yet"?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Ok I own a Wii and a PS3. I love them both.

But I see this thread as a trap and a troll thread, or at least it has turned into that. The guy starts a thread about Wii owners that don't own HD consoles and then after a few pages comes back and says see its because of money. Implying that the HD consoles are indeed better and the only reason the Wii is dominating it because of the cost. This kind of back handed slams at the Wii sicken me. There really is no need for this. A lot of gamers just like the Wii games better, get over it.

Again I like the Wii and PS3 = now. I used to love the Wii more but now they both rock my socks. Just understand the Wii has owned the HD consoles this gen and get over it and stop trying to rationalize it already. Ffs just enjoy your chosen console and better luck next gen.

If this was truely not ment as a troll/flame thread the I'm sorry but I don't think I'm mistaken here.

I had a 360, but not anymore. I honestly can't see any reason why I WOULD want to buy either HD system. I'm sure they have value for some people though.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Siko1989 said:
cura said:
because the only games worth playing are from Nintendo (not from me but I have read this reason on forums before).

your in the wrong thread mate, this is to wii owners not HD Owners.. go to the  "To HD Owners: why havnt you bought a Wii yet? thread"

I have a ps3 and a wii. 

I will never need anything other than Nintendo and Blizzard games, as long as they both continue to pump out insane quality in their titles.

HD makes no difference to me, at all. If Nintendo's next system has it, fine, if not, I don't care. I buy their product because they are the best at what they do, bar none.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
Siko1989 said:
amp316 said:
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:
I don't care for either of those two systems overall libraries enough to make a purchase. I also don't see a game on either system that the Wii doesn't have that I absolutely need.

Obviously I am misinformed and don't know enough about what makes games good or something.

misinformed....but mature.

Thanks... I think.

That's more a compliment than many people give me.

I meant misinformed as in "misinformed for thinking that you are being called misinformed". It was a subtle play on words. :P

And you are a great dude. Other people are simply misinformed and don't know enough about what makes a person great.

Oh thanks.  I like you too.

Even if I'm also bitter and unfunny.  LOL

Ok ok this is getting abit weirld lol, whats next "i love you"? lol

guys like us with 5000 posts share a special kind of bond

I don't need a dumbed-down PC, I have a real one.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Kage848 said:

Ok I own a Wii and a PS3. I love them both.

But I see this thread as a trap and a troll thread, or at least it has turned into that. The guy starts a thread about Wii owners that don't own HD consoles and then after a few pages comes back and says see its because of money. Implying that the HD consoles are indeed better and the only reason the Wii is dominating it because of the cost. This kind of back handed slams at the Wii sicken me. There really is no need for this. A lot of gamers just like the Wii games better, get over it.

Again I like the Wii and PS3 = now. I used to love the Wii more but now they both rock my socks. Just understand the Wii has owned the HD consoles this gen and get over it and stop trying to rationalize it already. Ffs just enjoy your chosen console and better luck next gen.

If this was truely not ment as a troll/flame thread the I'm sorry but I don't think I'm mistaken here.

You sure like to exaggerate things.

The main reason why I made this thread was someone already made a thread called "HD owners why havent you bought a Wii" so I wanted to see the what the Wii owners thought about owning a HD console. My main thoughts were of course the games, I was expecting a lot of people saying the games on the Wii is much better, but the majority replied saying it was money that was one of the main problems which surprised me, I wasn't expecting that, also I didn't say "see it's money"? read my post carefully again.

You probably don't know me to well because obviously I do think the HD consoles are better because I don't the like the Wii, I'm sure a lot of people know that here. I was just curious to what the Wii owners thought of the HD consoles, that is all, your blowing everything way out of proportion calling this a troll thread.

If any Wii owners out there are seriously thinking of buying an HD console, the one to buy is the 360. The PS3 is a terrible console, occationally I fall for the hype and buy a game only to be disapointed yet again. I've yet to find a game for the PS3 worthy of the money. I've had no problems finding great games on both the Wii and the 360.

What is so wrong about the HD consoles????

What about them??!!?

What about them...?

----

Seriously there are already so many amazing games on the wii, that's already too much I can afford to play and there aren't a lot I'm interested on the other consoles. The HD twins have many great games but not a lot of very original ones on the contrary of the wii and that's the kind of games I want to play: great and original/fresh ones.