By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Wii owners: Why haven't you bought an HD console yet?

Gilgamesh said:
IxisNaugus said:

Gilgamesh do you really think these people WOULDN'T buy another console if they were rolling in dosh? I guarantee you if we all had enough money every individual who posted in this thread would still get the cash together to purchase a PS3 or an X360. Despite what some may have said. I reckon this would be the case vise versa as well, i believe many PS3/X360 owners would shell out the money for a Wii if they had the chance - if only for games such as Wii Sports Resort and Metroid Prime - even though some of them tend to troll the Nintendo boards.

I myself have a massive list of games to buy and also a log of games i need to play through completely. That's games from the current generation consoles i own and even previous generation games. My wish list does not cover even a quarter of games i vow to purchase eventually. Despite all this though, i'm trying to sort my monthly earnings to see that i can - one day very soon - gather together the cash to purchase a PS3 for the half dozen exclusive games that have tugged my interest, even though there are far more than twice as many games for my current generation consoles that i have yet to buy.

I thought it was all about the games not money. But in my case it's about the games, if someone were to offer me a free Wii with all it's games I wouldn't take it.

(or maybe I would then sell it on ebay...hmmm)

Then you are quite odd. (at least to not try the games first anyway)

If someone offered me (in my current position) a PS3 or 360 with a bunch of games I would try them, then sell it (even if I liked some of the games)

If I had unlimited time and money of course i would buy the other systems. It's a balance not a straight want/don't want/can't afford.

----

For example, I think I probably spend about £100 a year on games, if that doubled to £200 I wouldn't spend it all buying a console as I would have no new games to play for a year, if I had a budget of maybe £400 a year I still think I would just be buying more Wii games (though I would be less picky about getting them as cheap as possible) I think to push me to actually purchase another console someone would have to give me an extra £400 per year (now £500 total) that I am only allowed to spend on gaming. And I had to put that last rule in now because I just thought if I had that much extra money per year to do what I want, I would be buying more Wii games with some of it but the extra would go on non-gaming things.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Wait hold the phone, so money is really the biggest issue

So the majority of the Wii owners want a HD console but can't afford it?

You know you shouldn't believe things that you want to believe in
Most people say that its a lack of time and wii already has alot of time
People say money os a issue here but its more of a secondary reason so the correct phrase
is

"Wait hold the phone,so games and time is the issue?

So majority of the wii owners want a HD console but don't have time nor the money?"

That's much better phrase

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I don't care for either of those two systems overall libraries enough to make a purchase. I also don't see a game on either system that the Wii doesn't have that I absolutely need.

Obviously I am misinformed and don't know enough about what makes games good or something.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
I don't care for either of those two systems overall libraries enough to make a purchase. I also don't see a game on either system that the Wii doesn't have that I absolutely need.

Obviously I am misinformed and don't know enough about what makes games good or something.

misinformed....but mature.

theprof00 said:
amp316 said:

Thanks... I think.

That's more a compliment than many people give me.

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:

Thanks... I think.

I meant misinformed as in "misinformed for thinking that you are being called misinformed". It was a subtle play on words. :P

And you are a great dude. Other people are simply misinformed and don't know enough about what makes a person great.

theprof00 said:
amp316 said:
theprof00 said:
amp316 said:

Thanks... I think.

I meant misinformed as in "misinformed for thinking that you are being called misinformed". It was a subtle play on words. :P

And you are a great dude. Other people are simply misinformed and don't know enough about what makes a person great.

Oh thanks.  I like you too.

Even if I'm also bitter and unfunny.  LOL

Because I, like still over half of Americans, do not have an HD TV.
(It was well over half when the generation started).

Because there are far more games on the Wii that I want to play than on the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined.

Because I want to do more than have on-line shooting matches. OK, that was an unfair slam. But the truth is that I am not looking for on-line shooting matches , which is one area where the Xbox 360 and the PS3 excel.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I never thought I'd but a console other than NIntendo's but my flatmate bought a 360 and I'm glad. It looks awesome on my HD TV and I'm happy I didn't miss out on GTA IV, Batman, Gears, Bioshock and Street Fighter IV. I still spend more time on my Wii, but right now Perfect Dark on X box arcade is rocking my gaming world

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I have

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.