By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Wii owners: Why haven't you bought an HD console yet?

Gilgamesh do you really think these people WOULDN'T buy another console if they were rolling in dosh? I guarantee you if we all had enough money every individual who posted in this thread would still get the cash together to purchase a PS3 or an X360. Despite what some may have said. I reckon this would be the case vise versa as well, i believe many PS3/X360 owners would shell out the money for a Wii if they had the chance - if only for games such as Wii Sports Resort and Metroid Prime - even though some of them tend to troll the Nintendo boards.

I myself have a massive list of games to buy and also a log of games i need to play through completely. That's games from the current generation consoles i own and even previous generation games. My wish list does not cover even a quarter of games i vow to purchase eventually. Despite all this though, i'm trying to sort my monthly earnings to see that i can - one day very soon - gather together the cash to purchase a PS3 for the half dozen exclusive games that have tugged my interest, even though there are far more than twice as many games for my current generation consoles that i have yet to buy.

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

Because I fail to find games that interest me on HD console.

All the games are in the same boring style, the best games on these platforms are shooter, the genre I like the less.

I don't think I would own more than 5 games if I bought a PS3/360. The fun is not there.

And the majority of their best games are available on PC too.

Khuutra said:
theprof00 said:
Naum said:
I have all three but not even PS3 or 360 first,second or third company title comes even close to Nintendo's first.

"IMO"

I expected better! You know that each of these statements implies "in my opinion" simply by statement because they are opinion, and asking someone to repeat tis fact is somewhere between redundant and pedantic.

On topic:

I did, actually. I'm not sure it was the right decision to make, though - but not because te games don interest me or anything, I love HD games.

Truth is, I found his post really aggressive. I've been recently banned, so I didn't want to go to lengths about how he was labelling himself with his post.

IxisNaugus said:

Gilgamesh do you really think these people WOULDN'T buy another console if they were rolling in dosh? I guarantee you if we all had enough money every individual who posted in this thread would still get the cash together to purchase a PS3 or an X360. Despite what some may have said. I reckon this would be the case vise versa as well, i believe many PS3/X360 owners would shell out the money for a Wii if they had the chance - if only for games such as Wii Sports Resort and Metroid Prime - even though some of them tend to troll the Nintendo boards.

I myself have a massive list of games to buy and also a log of games i need to play through completely. That's games from the current generation consoles i own and even previous generation games. My wish list does not cover even a quarter of games i vow to purchase eventually. Despite all this though, i'm trying to sort my monthly earnings to see that i can - one day very soon - gather together the cash to purchase a PS3 for the half dozen exclusive games that have tugged my interest, even though there are far more than twice as many games for my current generation consoles that i have yet to buy.

I thought it was all about the games not money. But in my case it's about the games, if someone were to offer me a free Wii with all it's games I wouldn't take it.

(or maybe I would then sell it on ebay...hmmm)

Naum said:
theprof00 said:
patjuan32 said:
I 'm not really interested in the games on those systems. I was interested in Bioshock and Mass Effect but when I saw the main characters firing guns. I lost interest in both titles.

you shouldn't be so quick to judge something based on a stereotype. Bioshock and Mass Effect 2 are both must have experiences, the same with many titles.

The same can be said about many genres or elements.

I don't not play Nintendo games just because of their style. They are still great games even though while I play them all I hear is the game yelling "look, this is imaginative... the enemies are turtles with wings, and you ride a dino that eats fruit and shoots eggs! Cah-rayyyzzzzzzzzeeeeeee!"

All Nintendo games are like that.

IMO

What's in my opinion? That all Nintendo games are like that? It's a slight exaggeration but it's by no means speculative. Most Nintendo games are wacky and "creative". That doesn't make them bad games, that makes them good games in a different shell...which is something that people like yourself need to think about when they talk about how the competition can't even match a tenth of what's on the Wii.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:
IxisNaugus said:

I thought it was all about the games not money. But in my case it's about the games, if someone were to offer me a free Wii with all it's games I wouldn't take it.

It's pretty obvious what holds the ps3 back. It's a great system.

But I doubt you would really do that with a wii. Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, and lots of other games using the snes style controller are exemplary of playstation brand gaming.

theprof00 said:
Gilgamesh said:
IxisNaugus said:

But I doubt you would really do that with a wii. Monster Hunter Tri, Muramasa, and lots of other games using the snes style controller are exemplary of playstation brand gaming.

Not interested in the Monster Hunter series, never heard of Muramasa and I tried all the popular Wii games, none of them interest me.

Because my old roommate had a 360 I barely played, and now my new roommate got a ps3. Pretty damn pointless for me to buy another console.
If so, I'm happy with what the Wii supplies me with. I don't need to buy 3 games a month, I'm happy with buying a new game every so often. The only game I wish Wii had was Bioshock 1 & 2. So that's where my roomy comes in.
Other then that, I don't really care.

Gilgamesh said:
theprof00 said:
Gilgamesh said:
IxisNaugus said:

Not interested in the Monster Hunter series, never heard of Muramasa and I tried all the popular Wii games, none of them interest me.

I could make you a list of games you would like, but they certainly wouldn't be popular by any definition.

Gilgamesh said:
theprof00 said:
Gilgamesh said:
IxisNaugus said:

Maybe you're not interested enough in anything to buy a Wii, but you were interested enough to try "all the popular games". It's a similar case with most people, only if they actually had the money to blow, i'm positive they would buy a PS3 or X360. I can't guarantee they'd keep the consoles, but if there were no other alternatives i'm sure they'd buy them to give some games a good go.

How technical is your game?