By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Someone Tell Sony Fans Final Fantasy Isn't Their Series! (article)

Carl2291 said:

My point was that those franchises had been PlayStation games for 2 full generations. For over 10 years.

Then all of a sudden... Nothing.

the fans WILL be pissed.

Why should they be pissed though they're still getting the games, N64 owners were just slapped straight in the face with nothing, no DQ, no FF, no SO just nothing not even a port. The reactions online are like SE have just walked up on the stage and told PS owners "F**k you, your mothers stink and we'll be creating games for 360 only starting with a FFVII remake, nenenenene", they're still getting the game and I have no doubt FFXIII would of turned out no different either if it was exclusive.

Around the Network
andremop said:
Gilgamesh said:

The Playstation brand made it as big as it is today, without it Final Fantasy wouldn't be in the top 3 franchises in Japan.

No way it's top 3... Dragon Quest, Mario and Pokemon for starters...

Yeh forgot about Mario, top 4 then.

dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:

@dtewi

I wasn't talking about how it was a bad thing. I was talking about how it could be seen as a bad thing from the "Sony fans".

And people being pissed because of FF is one of the main things that has come from SE's buttfucking of the PS3 fanbase. I showed youa bunch of reasons that ADD to that frustration.

But we're not talking about that.

You showed me were reasons FF fans were annoyed and Sony fanboys were annoyed. We're only talking about why Sony fanboys are annoyed by all of this and why it is wrong to think that.

Then i still showed you reasons why Sony fans are annoyed...

My point still stands.

I don't see your problem at all, or why you are even continuing whatever it is you are saying.

No you didn't, Sony fanboys. They thrive on being illogical and irrational.

There's a reason I put those in italics.

My point is that you don't have a constructive argument to prove that Sony fans have a rational reason to be annoyed by this.

So you are basicly saying only fanboys would be pissed off at something like that? No. You are wrong.

You don't think it's rational. I do. Oh dear, how sad, never mind. We disagree.

End of. I can't be arsed arguing something so petty with you. It's late and i should be revising.

Gilgamesh said:

The Playstation brand made it as big as it is today, without it Final Fantasy wouldn't be in the top 3 franchises in Japan.

It's not in the top three franchises in Japan. What are you talking about?

Carl2291 said:

So you are basicly saying only fanboys would be pissed off at something like that? No. You are wrong.

End of. I can't be arsed arguing something so petty with you. It's late and i should be revising.

You can't just run away from an argument because you disagree.

Arguments only start because of disagreements.

Look, your reasons for saying Sony fans should be annoyed are because the 360 version got more advertising and it is going mutliplat.

Those are not good arguments! You can't just run away from something by touting it as opinion and thinking just because you disagree over it means it's a closed case.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Square isn't a second party, and final Fantasy didn't start on a sony platform, and has appeared on numerous platforms. Why Sony fans feel such entitlement to the series is beyond me.

I was unaware SONY fans even really thought this way in the first place.

The Final Fantasy series had been a piece of ammo in fanboy wars by some Sony partisans.  Apparently Final Fantasy XIII lost some luster when it went multiplatform, without people on forums hyping it as much, as a result.  As a exclusive, it wouldn't of gotten as much flak by fans of the Playstation console.  And look for Vs XIII to get the same treatment if it got announced as a multiplatform game, in that it wouldn't be brought up as fanwar ammo.

Wyrdness said:
Carl2291 said:

My point was that those franchises had been PlayStation games for 2 full generations. For over 10 years.

Then all of a sudden... Nothing.

the fans WILL be pissed.

Why should they be pissed though they're still getting the games, N64 owners were just slapped straight in the face with nothing, no DQ, no FF, no SO just nothing not even a port. The reactions online are like SE have just walked up on the stage and told PS owners "F**k you, your mothers stink and we'll be creating games for 360 only starting with a FFVII remake, nenenenene", they're still getting the game and I have no doubt FFXIII would of turned out no different either if it was exclusive.

In the case of Versus, because it has been called exclusive since day 1. People want the game as soon as possible. Not having to wait for some stupid port. Don't lie to us. If it's going to be a multiplat just come out and say it.

In the case of the other games, i wouldn't know. I don't even care for any of them so... You would have to ask a fan who's been pissed off because of those leaving the PS.

dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:

Look, your reasons for saying Sony fans should be annoyed are because the 360 version got more advertising and it is going mutliplat.

Those are not good arguments! You can't just run away from something by touting it as opinion and thinking just because you disagree over it means it's a closed case.

It's not running away. It's being bored of it and getting annoyed of someones inability to grasp a point and keep worming into different annoying arguments that really don't matter.

I'm not saying those are the only reasons. I'm saying everything that's happened this gen ADDS to those reasons. Along with the other reasons i gave so many posts ago.

Carl2291 said:
dtewi said:
Carl2291 said:

It's not running away. It's being bored of it and getting annoyed of someones inability to grasp a point and keep worming into different annoying arguments that really don't matter.

I'm not saying those are the only reasons. I'm saying everything that's happened this gen ADDS to those reasons. Along with the other reasons i gave so many posts ago.

You didn't give any other reasons, those are the only ones I drew from your post for Sony fans being annoyed.

And I've been consistent with my arguments.

Why don't we all just calm down, have a cup of tea with honey, and explain why Sony fans (not FF, Sony) have a rational reason to be annoyed.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

andremop said:

Sony Playstation was formed on third party games, unlike any other console. That's why their fans are so possessive. They lost some of their bigger games of previous gens.

"Losing" Final Fantasy and Metal Gear is like Nintendo losing Zelda or Metroid. So I kinda understand. But they have only Sony to blame.

The keyword "WAS".

Now its first party that keeps the PS3 alive not third party, Third Party keeps the Xbox Alive.