By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you sold your Wii?

Have you sold your Wii?

Yes! 42 20.90%

No! 30 14.93%

Never! 100 49.75%

SMG 2 FTW! 10 4.98%

Thinking about it.... 19 9.45%

Total:201

I'm on the fence right now, as if to sell my Wii or not. I don't really need the money, but the last time I've played my Wii was 3 months back. It's not that the Wii doesn't have good games, they just don't appeal to me. PS3 is now satysfying all my console needs, so my Wii, DSi and PSPGo are collecting dust.

I blame Starcraft II for basicaly killing consoles for me, but hell I'm really waiting for Red Dead Redemption also. The only reason why I haven't sold my Wii yet is that SMG2 is around the corner. SMG togather with Fire Emblem are the two single reasons for me to keep my Wii. But I can totally understand your choice.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

Sold mine to my uncle and he gave it back to me within a week, he thought his wife would like the Wii game's and Wii Fit, turn's out she didn't. I'm thinking about trading mine in to EB, they're offering $200 store credit and I'll probably give the couple of game's I own to cousin's.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I did. Frankly its not worth $200.

I've been dabbling in many PS2 and Gamecube games I've missed over the years. I'll come back to the Wii when its $99

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Never.. im a Nintendo Fan and plus im a video game collector

I think my Wii is defective.
The dust are everywhere around my home but the Wii.
I spent over $200 for a useless vacuum :/

Around the Network
Winters said:
Bladeneo said:
I don't quite agree with the whole "you should never sell an old console" motto that some people have around here; at the end of the day you got nearly $300 for it, sure not nearly as much as you paid for everything when you first got it but it's still a good chunk of money. No use letting it depreciate further in value if you don't use it; it's not like you've only had it for a few months, 3 years is more than enough time to decide whether or not you like a product.

I did like it at first, I enjoy playing some of the games and it brought back good memories from the day I used to play Mario on my N64 or even the day I got my Gameboy, but the thing is I could never really get into it and not understand how people were going nuts over it. I do agree with the part of being "innovative" and "different", although I have the feeling that many of the nearly 70 million Wii's are gathering dust as many of my friends have not used it in a long time. Anyhow, I feel I did the right thing.

I knew I'd find a comment along these lines.

I don't see why it's necessary for you to make a thread for this (or, at the very least that particular thread title / poll). You don't like the console, so you sold it, and that's understandable, but no matter how polite your post was the title still seems like a rallying call to find those who agree with you - your dislike for the Wii, that is. More specifically, calling out to all those who were "tricked" into buying the Wii, with you assuming that it's a large number. It's just an invitation for these questionable characters to butt in and claim, "Yes, I sold my Wii because it sucks," when it's doubtful they ever even had one.

The fact that the console continues to sell, and that its used price isn't exactly low means people are holding onto the thing. We also already know that word of mouth is heavily responsible for sales, so people are satisfied with the console. It's not that hard to believe.

As for my opinion on selling consoles, if it won't see much use, there's no reason to hold onto it. I obviously disagree with those saying you should hold onto your consoles forever, because the money you can trade it in for is always useful. Besides, if you don't like what the Wii has to offer now, you probably never will, as I feel its main strength is in local multiplayer games. You can always use one of your friends' Wii's that are supposedly collecting dust if there are any must-have single player experiences later in its life.

What a great thread that I've seen about 5,782 times since 2007.

Good job!!!

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Good job!!!

Really? :( my bad, just wanted to share a personal experience with the community.

<a href="http://b0c40pmhv4t-qfuimlmmqex5q0.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=WT5K3KF3" target="_top">Click Here!</a>

Winters said:
amp316 said:

Good job!!!

Really? :( my bad, just wanted to share a personal experience with the community.

Yeah.  I get it.  I sold my Wii because it collects dust, did you?

Tell me why.  Do you think that it sucks too? 

I've seen these threads before. 

Anyway, have fun.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I would sooner sell my PS3 or 360 before even considering seeling my Wii.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints