By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: PS3 XMB to get a complete revamp?

Yay for acronyms! The latest episode of the CheapAssGamer podcast the host, Cheapy D, says that the XMB wil be getting a radical overhaul at E3. He says,

“I’ve heard that the Sony PS3 is getting a completely redesigned XrossMediaBar. Like totally new, not just like new columns and stuff like – totally redone.”

Mr D. then continues that he knows this ‘for a fact’. Of course this should be filed under rumours for the moment but you never know what Sony will pull out of the bag for E3. A redesign of the XMB is something many users have been asking for so perhaps Sony will be playing Fairy Godmother and granting your wish.

Source: CheapAssGamer

---------------------

Yes the worst of sources, but it is about time they changed the look of the XMB. Needs more interactivity and life to it!

Around the Network

I like the simplicity of the XMB as anyone can easily navigate around it, but i do agree that it could do with a bit of revamping!

I mean some of the designs than users on the Official Playstation Forum came up with are just immense

Squall_Leonhart said:
I like the simplicity of the XMB as anyone can easily navigate around it, but i do agree that it could do with a bit of revamping!

I mean some of the designs than users on the Official Playstation Forum came up with are just immense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axW8fuMjvAk like that?

FUCK NO!! Why are people requesting this shit??? What's wrong with the XMB??? It's simple, clean, to the point and as colorful as you want it to be...

4 ≈ One

Why is it the worst of all sources? I don't think CheapyD wants something as stupid as a rumor to ruin his rep.

This rumor may likely have some truth to it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

So tired of everything getting leaked. Hopefully they have SOME sort of surprise left.

i hope its true, xmb needs some extra punch too it. its nice and sleek , i would like a apartment u get in "home" for your xmb. where u could go to each feature of the xmb via a nice interface, i think it would be a cool update.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Dgc1808 said:
FUCK NO!! Why are people requesting this shit??? What's wrong with the XMB??? It's simple, clean, to the point and as colorful as you want it to be...

because its ugly and looks like it was thrown together in 5 seconds to be released with the ps3, like the youtube video posted above it clearly stands to gain some improvement

1. The XMB is great. Why change it?

2. This would make all those themes, both free and paid, totally useless, would it not?

I'm not buying it.

makingmusic476 said:
1. The XMB is great. Why change it?

2. This would make all those themes, both free and paid, totally useless, would it not?

I'm not buying it.

you may be able to change the xmb type. who knows. although i would like to believe it, i dont atm