By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Honestly,why is everyone thinking the 3DS is going recreate the big bang?

dtewi said:
Severance said:
Khuutra said:
Severance said:
SleepWaking said:

Didn't you get the memo yet it's a totally new generation handheld.

yeah but How?

i remember Game Boy Micro , DSi , PSPGo , IPhone 3G , Ipad all being called "The next generation" by their PR.

are you saying that people are blindly going to go for PR talk?

The Micro and the DSi were never touted as anything but new iterations of current hardware. That's not what the 3DS is.

You realize the 3DS is just a codename, right? THat's not the name of the platform. It's not necessarily going to have the DS moniker at all.

so how are you guys going to assume that its going to be huge if you don't even know the name of the thing?

atleast we should see some games, or something

Look, the concept is extremely exciting, 3D gaming on a console without the need of glasses and can be taken anywhere.

That's not even remotely interesting?

And Nintendo is rarely known to lack in quality.

you asked for honesty... well, honestly, dtewi's post pretty much ends the thread imo

Around the Network

because its Nintendo enough said lol

It's funny to see the doubters of PS3 3D jumping for joy when Nintendo announce they are implementing 3D. Who copied who again? ;)

blazinhead89 said:
It's funny to see the doubters of PS3 3D jumping for joy when Nintendo announce they are implementing 3D. Who copied who again? ;)

Sony didn't invented 3D. Nor did Nintendo.

So nobody copied nobody. Case closed.

Nintendo, if successful will cause a great impact, since no glasses 3D tech is very new in the market, while 3D with glasses is something that's been around for 60+ years.

blazinhead89 said:

You're goign to actually have to link "doubters of PS3 3D" with the same people who are "jumping for joy" over the 3DS having 3D, if you want to prove a point.

And.... go!

Around the Network
andremop said:
blazinhead89 said:

Nintendo, if successful will cause a great impact, since no glasses 3D tech is very new in the market, while 3D with glasses is something that's been around for 60+ years.

Actually Nintendo invented the use of 3D in home consoles, it just wasn't at all successful.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I hate this 3D fad. I will get a 3DS because Nintendo handhelds always deliver when it comes to first and third-party software. But I'm unhappy that Nintendo is riding the coattails of the Avatard hype. The people who obsess over Avatar are generally no different than the self-proclaimed "hardcore gamers" who obsess over games because they have pretty graphics and mega marketing.

I think the 3D fad may burn out. There are a lot of people who have one strong eye/one weak eye who don't need glasses for day-to-day life because their strong eye allows them to do everything they need to do vision-wise to get by. Now all of a sudden, with this whole 3D thing, if they want to watch 3D movies and play 3D games they are going to need to fork down money for prescription glasses? You shitting me? Not to mention that 3D gives a lot of people headaches and other illness and physical discomfort.

loves2splooge said:
I hate this 3D fad. I will get a 3DS because Nintendo handhelds always deliver when it comes to first and third-party software. But I'm unhappy that Nintendo is riding the coattails of the Avatard hype. The people who obsess over Avatar are generally no different than the self-proclaimed "hardcore gamers" who obsess over games because they have pretty graphics and mega marketing.

I think the 3D fad may burn out. There are a lot of people who have one strong eye/one weak eye who don't need glasses for day-to-day life because their strong eye allows them to do everything they need to do vision-wise to get by. Now all of a sudden, with this whole 3D thing, if they want to watch 3D movies and play 3D games they are going to need to fork down money for prescription glasses? You shitting me? Not to mention that 3D gives a lot of people headaches and other illness and physical discomfort.

That's why you can turn off the 3D on the 3DS, according to Iwata.

megaman79 said:
andremop said:
blazinhead89 said:

Actually Nintendo invented the use of 3D in home consoles, it just wasn't at all successful.

I believe that way before the virtual boy there was 3D in home consoles. I played my Master System with these:

Nes had similar products too, and I believe that even older consoles had them too. So, Nintendo didn't invented the use of 3D on home consoles.

andremop said:

I believe that way before the virtual boy there was 3D in home consoles. I played my Master System with these:

Nes had similar products too, and I believe that even older consoles had them too. So, Nintendo didn't invented the use of 3D on home consoles.

I say stupid things sometimes, but we could have done this privately andremop.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.