By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Honestly,why is everyone thinking the 3DS is going recreate the big bang?

@Severance

"like i said before, PR talk doesn't work with me, i need a better reason."

wtf a better reason for what? o_o for us to convince you to be excited?! to each its own, we CANT convince you to be excited, but we can answer your question of why are we excited, if you question our reason that its a NEW GEN of handleds, and we prove you by statements of nintendo that in fact it IS a new GEN handled... its our reason, if you dont want to believe it its fine... what else can we do! god...

GTFO XD

Around the Network

jesus, i am not judging people because they are excited about something i am just asking why
and i didn't make this thread to piss people off, again i am just asking, why would anyone get pissed off so easily?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

like the title.

we didn't see anything about it, just a name nothing more and nothing less, some people are praising it as the next big thing for gaming history and others are getting orgasms just mentioning it.

doesn't anyone think its going to be just like the DSi was to the DS ?

Are any of these people the same people who said that Heavy Rain has oscar worthy writing?  I haven't run into anyone saying it will recreate the big bang.  I do see people VERY interested in seeing how Nintendo will do 3D in a handheld that doesn't require glasses, and curious about the price point and the games.  THAT Is what is of interest to people.

Why would it be like the DSi was to the DS?  The DSi gave you a bigger screen, but NO new functionality.

Severance said:
Khuutra said:
forest-spirit said:

"Nintendo 3DS"(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series".

Quote from this PDF I found at Nintendo's site:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Well okay you have destroyed one of the corollaries/weaknesses

Let's see if that affects his HP or if we have to go after more

like i said before, PR talk doesn't work with me, i need a better reason.

That's "Investor Relations Information". Serious stuff, and it clearly says that the 3DS will be the successor to the DS series.

As to why people get excited. It's a new console from Nintendo. The DS is extremely popular and has gathered lots and lots of fans. People love the thing. I do. Now Nintendo says the successor to the DS is on it's way and they have given some basic information about it's specs. You see, even though we haven't seen a single screenshot from a 3DS game, there is this thing called imagination.

Fans try to imagine what kind of games Nintendo will come up with. How will Mario turn out on the 3DS? What kind of Zelda game can they make? Maybe most important is, how will we play these games? These questions make people hyped.

Severance said:
jesus, i am not judging people because they are excited about something i am just asking why
and i didn't make this thread to piss people off, again i am just asking, why would anyone get pissed off so easily?

I'm excited because the DS is one of my favourite video game systems of all time and I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for its successor. I call the 3DS a successor because I've come to that conclusion based on the evidence given by Nintendo.

If you don't believe that the 3DS, or whatever the final name is, is the successor to the DS, that's fine, but I do, and that's why I'm exited.

Around the Network
Severance said:
Raze said:
...because if it was a 3D PSP, you'd be praising it as if it was?

no , while i like the PSP , i hated the idea for the PSP Go , and these new "Touch Screen" PSP2 rumors.

i am also not a big fan of the DS XL and how the screens are huge but pixaleted as i am not a fan of the IPad.

This here shows that Hardware is important to you. The PSP-Go is a hardware variant of the PSP. IF you like the PSP and its games the only reason to not like the PSP-GO is hardware related.

Look Hardware makes a difference especially in the portable world where the whole system including display and control is made into one mostly non modular unit.

In this case the Hardware is likely to include the Sharp 3.4 Parallax Barrier 3D screens with 852x480 rez and supposedly a Dual core Tegra 2 from Nvidia if leaked documents are to be believed. I still qualify those as unconfirmed rumors myself but such a system would be more powerfulthan the GC and higher rez then the DS.

What we do know form Nintendo's own Fiscal reports is that the 3DS will be a new generation that will feature glasses free 3D. Its the equivelent of the N64 to Gamecube upgrade.

To add to the excitement there is more to be revealed we only know a little and so it comes to speculation. Speculation breeds from imagination and people who have an interest want to know how this thing will work so they can start saving up.

On top of that the portable world is experiencing a bit of an upheaval recently. Apple has seen its game share surpass the PSP and Nintendo has openly stated a change in focus. What kind of device Nintendo could create to compete with both Sony and Apple is a curiosity. As will be Sony's next answer with the PSP2.

So there we have it.

a. New System

b. New tech that most people have not seen yet

c. other possible changes

d. NEXT GENERATION!

Severance said:

lol, its ok to be curious and ask :), but when you post, you just repeat yourself... a lot

people have answered your question, but if i tell you "im excited because its the next gen of portables from nintendo", and you say "no, its not, its like DS to DSi", and we give you proves that you are wrong, and you still dont get it... people usually thing that u r just acting dumb to piss off people, if you are not acting... ok sorry :)

if you are asking HONESTLY for a reason, and we HONESTLY tell you our reason, and you say that we are wrong (by contradicting our official statement), and you still u are wright... just let us leave in our fantasy world please :D

davidd_err18 said:

GTFO XD

Probably the best thing anyone ever said in this thread

yeah,  i should GTFO before i piss more people off =[

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Cactus said:
Severance said:

I'm excited because the DS is one of my favourite video game systems of all time and I can't wait to see what Nintendo has in store for its successor. I call the 3DS a successor because I've come to that conclusion based on the evidence given by Nintendo.

If you don't believe that the 3DS, or whatever the final name is, is the successor to the DS, that's fine, but I do, and that's why I'm exited.

this

Cactus said:
Severance said:

this