By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - HD DVD sales hit 750,000

dabaus513 said:
Guess what? Sony has sold 6.3 million ps3's not to mention however many stand alone blue ray players. No one cares toshiba, just throw the towel in already. The future is blu and theres nothing you can do about it except delay the inevitable.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. Sony is going to get destroyed in the end. PS3s do NOT count toward standalone players. HD-DVD has more standalone players and has been closing the gap on software sales at a steady pace. Sony made another bad decision of trying to bring a more expensive, less efficient, less complete, inferior format that will lose just like all the other formats they have tried to sell in the past. Sony fanboys have to face the facts, Nintendo is destroying them and they will eventually lose the HD war, cuz if HD-DVD doesn't win some other format better than both will come along and win. Either way, Blu-crap is an incomplete format with less features, nothing better and higher cost...

Around the Network

Yet people are buying them and by next march Blu-ray will be at a rate of about 7% compared to DVDs sold in the US, because of the upcoming price cuts

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

solidarii said:
dabaus513 said:
Guess what? Sony has sold 6.3 million ps3's not to mention however many stand alone blue ray players. No one cares toshiba, just throw the towel in already. The future is blu and theres nothing you can do about it except delay the inevitable.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. Sony is going to get destroyed in the end. PS3s do NOT count toward standalone players. HD-DVD has more standalone players and has been closing the gap on software sales at a steady pace. Sony made another bad decision of trying to bring a more expensive, less efficient, less complete, inferior format that will lose just like all the other formats they have tried to sell in the past. Sony fanboys have to face the facts, Nintendo is destroying them and they will eventually lose the HD war, cuz if HD-DVD doesn't win some other format better than both will come along and win. Either way, Blu-crap is an incomplete format with less features, nothing better and higher cost...

Lol inferrior? Blu-ray is more advanced than HD DVD, blu-ray is capable of 200gigs of data . You know whats funny? Its 750k vs 7 million.

Blu-ray is selling more and more software.

mM

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10890 According to the source used there blu ray 66% compared to 34 hddvd. Closing the gap my ass.

leo-j said:
solidarii said:
dabaus513 said:

Lol inferrior? Blu-ray is more advanced than HD DVD, blu-ray is capable of 200gigs of data . You know whats funny? Its 750k vs 7 million.

First of all, amount of space it can hold has nothing to do with whether or not it is inferior. Second of all, the current discs only hold 50 gb and they are not even close to getting to 100, let alone getting to 200. The fact is that the HD-DVD players have more features at a cheaper price...

Around the Network
solidarii said:
leo-j said:
solidarii said:
dabaus513 said:

First of all, amount of space it can hold has nothing to do with whether or not it is inferior. Second of all, the current discs only hold 50 gb and they are not even close to getting to 100, let alone getting to 200. The fact is that the HD-DVD players have more features at a cheaper price...

Why do you argue, the PS3 is all I need to back me up.

mM
leo-j said:
solidarii said:
leo-j said:
solidarii said:
dabaus513 said:

Why do you argue, the PS3 is all I need to back me up.

Lol, you have the last place current console to back you up? That is pretty funny, here is some good reading for you...http://blogs.msdn.com/andypennell/archive/2007/05/16/why-blu-ray-is-not-technically-advanced.aspx

@ solidarii, you know that source isn't exactly reliable. msn in run by Microsoft..

xbox 360, ps2 are my consoles 

end of generation predictions: wii 106 million Xbox 360 59 million PS3 57 million  

Plain-Jane DVDs are still winning the "next-gen" format wars. Wake me when either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray titles outsell DVDs. Or, heck, when both of them combined outsell DVDs.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

solidarii said:
dabaus513 said:

yep all their formats failed 

looks at my CD collection, yep CDs failed horribly. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453