By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5: New Nürburgring videos - environments overhauled, etc.

I'm not a big fan of racing sims. The only racing series I've ever gotten into is Mario Kart, though I've grown an affinity for driving over the past few years, and enjoyed what I've played of Prologue.

I'm not very hyped, but I will be buying the game, and I'm quite impressed by all they're cramming into it. Kinda like Halo 3. I'm not a big fan of Halo, but Forge really impressed me.

Around the Network

yea thats nice, ive been seeing videos and screen shots like these for years now. Until i can walk into the store and purchase the game i dont care.
My favorite part about gt5 is every year at e3 Poly's like yea the games done...we are just polishing it up.....and every year it slinks by without a release date in site....

makingmusic476 said:
I'm not a big fan of racing sims. The only racing series I've ever gotten into is Mario Kart, though I've grown an affinity for driving over the past few years, and enjoyed what I've played of Prologue.

I'm not very hyped, but I will be buying the game, and I'm quite impressed by all they're cramming into it. Kinda like Halo 3. I'm not a big fan of Halo, but Forge really impressed me.

If you "enjoyed" prologue, you will LOVE the actual game for sure.

My favourite part is the licenses, they are so cool!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The sense of speed is great. I can't really remember the last GT I played, it was probably at least 7-8 years back, but I think I remember being somewhat underwhelmed by the sense of speed back then.

the edges look very clean in the video (in the official screenshots they always does/did .. they are clearly adding AA there), so maybe it uses MLAA now

Around the Network

The before and after pictures are amazing, the amount of detail PD have added is quite staggering..

Everyone who says they are bored waiting for this game needs to shut the F$%^ up... seriously... the first official announcement for this game was 2008. Thats 3 years MAX before game release.. have a bloody cry you faggots, seriously. PD have been making GTpsp... yes we know, it sucks, cool story, doesn't change the fact they had to make it. GT5 is not Duke Nukem Forever, in all reality it hasn't been confirmed for more than 2 and a bit years so relax.. ps3 is just starting to hit its stride. Enjoy the game when it launches in a few months

His game really doesn't need "hype" to succeed. It will survive on its own merits.

I survived the Apocalyps3

puffy said:
The before and after pictures are amazing, the amount of detail PD have added is quite staggering..

now put it in your signature! lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My only wish remains the same:

Fix those disgusting N64 era trees. They're making the game looking bad in replays.

Apart of that, its Gran Turismo. Nuff said.