By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5: New Nürburgring videos - environments overhauled, etc.

Porcupine_I said:
Bamboleo said:
My only wish remains the same:

Fix those disgusting N64 era trees. They're making the game looking bad in replays.

Apart of that, its Gran Turismo. Nuff said.

thank you for mentioning the trees, you just won me a bet

they are probably using speedtree. Unfortunately those are pretty much them best trees you can have in any game on the market for this genre. Yes in shooters like Crysis you get more detailed trees, but those trees are apart of the gameplay, but there are less variation. With Speedtree, they have an archive of like 3000 trees that can be mass produced easily without harming performance of the game. In GT5 they aren't important to the gameplay in anyway, and if they were rendered like Crysis's trees we would need the PS5 to run the game at 1080p 30fps. I also really dont want to see Polyphony detailing trees, GT5 wouldnt be released till 2020 then.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
iWarMachine said:
awesome as always, i'm loving the sense of speed and the detail....still those trees are bad, but overall the game is looking great..at least the trees won't be in every race available. :P

They seem to have added slight bit of blurring while driving that makes things feel faster than they used to.

makingmusic476 said:
iWarMachine said:
awesome as always, i'm loving the sense of speed and the detail....still those trees are bad, but overall the game is looking great..at least the trees won't be in every race available. :P

They seem to have added slight bit of blurring while driving that makes things feel faster than they used to.

by the looking of it in the 1st gif...it looks like object based motion blur, it's a nice addition to the sense of speed.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

lestatdark said:
Porcupine_I said:
Bamboleo said:

Fix those disgusting N64 era trees. They're making the game looking bad in replays.

You should have checked the other GT5 thread, a few days ago.

He was banned because of that, and he still insists on the same approach. Now, even blurred trees due to the speed are looking bad

Guess people will be racing GT5 looking at the scenery and not at what they're doing. Maybe that's why were seeing so many bad drivers on the replays?

Anyway, OT, the replays are awesome and the amount of detail is staggering. GT5 can't come soon enough

I was banned because me and the other guy derailed the thread a lot. It was a martyrdom because the real offender got banned too.

Not because of the trees issues, because we can all agree that those look like shit sir. I'm playing GT since the first came out and yes, I notice the trees, by quite a lot actually.

@ Porcupine,

Be my guest lol, I should have done some bet on the trees too..

Looks amazing

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
lestatdark said:
Porcupine_I said:
Bamboleo said:

You should have checked the other GT5 thread, a few days ago.

He was banned because of that, and he still insists on the same approach. Now, even blurred trees due to the speed are looking bad

Guess people will be racing GT5 looking at the scenery and not at what they're doing. Maybe that's why were seeing so many bad drivers on the replays?

Anyway, OT, the replays are awesome and the amount of detail is staggering. GT5 can't come soon enough

I was banned because me and the other guy derailed the thread a lot. It was a martyrdom because the real offender got banned too.

Not because of the trees issues, because we can all agree that those look like shit sir. I'm playing GT since the first came out and yes, I notice the trees, by quite a lot actually.

@ Porcupine,

Be my guest lol, I should have done some bet on the trees too..

Both you and M.U.G.E.N derailed the thread. 

Anyway, if trees are really that important to you, play DIRT 2 on a high end PC and then there will be no more 2D trees. Pretty much that's the only viable option against your 2D trees complaints.

You can't do much better on current console hardwares, especially when GT5 has already such detailed car models, track outlines and lightning engine. Concessions have to be made. If trees get the short end of the stick, then it's a much welcomed concession. This is not a game about trees, it's a game about cars. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Bamboleo said:

well thats a brand new genre your talking about, a tree sim

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

again again again

the 2D tree haters complaining ... it is not like GT5 was a racing car ofc !

they just should go play to Afrika ... if they could ;)

Time to Work !

People... trees don't matter.

The game is so freaking awesome.

I was driving in my car and it looked better than that. How come the PS3 can't do real life with the same level of graphics as real life?

JK. Great game, looking forward to it.

Tease.