By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5: New Nürburgring videos - environments overhauled, etc.

Polyphony seems to be spending the additional development time to polish GT5 to a sheen.

Gifs:

The second one shows that drivers are now punished for collisions even when visible damage is disabled.

Comparison shots between old and new Nürburgring:

old

new

new left, old right (right click > view image to see in full)

Around the Network

I can't wait for this game, the steering looking a little arcade to me =/

Grunt06 said:
I can't wait for this game, the steering looking a little arcade to me =/

Keep in mind they were playing with Standard physics as opposed to Pro.  There was another video on gaf showing the same demo with Pro physics enabled, but I'm too lazy to go find it at the moment. 

Looking good

Looks amazing, but I just can't be hyped for it like I was, now it feels like too little too late. But its a day 1 buy no doubts.

And we saw those sparks so damage should be there on all vehicles.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Yawn.

I wanted it 2 years ago!

So Jay;3854212 on GTPlanet tracked down an 18 megapixel version of this shot:

Blew up the right side mirror on the Mclaren and got:

So much detail it's crazy.

darthdevidem01 said:

Looks amazing, but I just can't be hyped for it like I was, now it feels like too little too late. But its a day 1 buy no doubts.

lol

Name a single racing game that has anywhere near the amount of content seen in GT5.  1000 cars, GT+Indy+WRC+Nascar, day/night cycles, weather, HD uploads to youtube, etc.

The amount of stuff packed into the game is the main reason it's taking so long to come out.

Are you still hyped makingmusic?

makingmusic476 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

lol

Name a single racing game that has anywhere near the amount of content seen in GT5.  1000 cars, GT+Indy+WRC+Nascar, day/night cycles, weather, HD uploads to youtube, etc.

The amount of stuff packed into the game is the main reason it's taking so long to come out.

Thats fine but honestly I wouldn't mind if it had half the content & came out as GT5 two years ago.....then as GT6 with all this content in 2011 or 2010

I know we are lucky to get this much in one game....but its like waiting for the best cake in the world to bake in the oven for 2 days when your starving & you could just eat a cake thats half as good very soon! {yes my analogies are known to be terrible}