By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want to see in GTA5 & will it better than GTA4?

What do you want to see in GTA5 & will it better than GTA4?

GTA4 is one of the best games ever, so no. 2 8.33%

GTA4 was bad so it better be 12 50.00%

GTA? I like COD now, GTA is dead 2 8.33%

Who cares San Andreas will always be the best 7 29.17%

I hve no opinion so I say it might be 1 4.17%

Total:24

Tell wht u wnt to see in GTA5 & vote in poll to say if u thnk it can be better thn GTA4

Wht I wnt in GTA5:

- Story drivem like GTA4, big emphasis here.

- 1 City done well, nt 3 city's dun half heartdly (like gta:san andreas)

- Likeable main character

- Better combat system

Around the Network

I want to see Police bikes,oh and planes like in san andrea ill edit the rest in when i think of it

I want cowboys, horses, and deserts.

No but seriously, I'd like a location with more nature because being in a city all the time is very repetitive. Better graphics is a must. And co-op would be very nice.

I want planes and a more open world like San Andreas.

I thought GTA4 was a good game. It has the best main character in the GTA games.

Was a good game. Doesn't deserve the critical praise it got, but it also doesn't deserve the backlash it got from gamers either.

Around the Network

Whats wrong with Niko belic:(

Mmm, maybe more mini games, a better fighting system, and a female main character :D

Less repetitive missions (bank robbery mission was the only really good mission in GTA 4)
A big city, but please also some other areas. Doesn't have to be as big as in San Andreas.
Niko bellic was... well probably better than CJ, but that's not saying much. He always seems to say the same things. Screw this, screw that etc.
shooting/fighting mechanics were a bit slow

Buying Houses around the City like SA and VC
Bring Back the Planes
A point to exploring
More Open Buildings
More Clothing options.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I agree, gta4 was an awesome game, I 100% completed it because it was pure fun. It wasn't perfect, but like you said Wagram it didnt deserve the hate it recieved by gamers. Gta5 can do plenty of things to improve the formula and immerse the player even more. Some ideas I have:

Add new terrain, such as a mountain range complete with snowboarding, lodges and skiing with a ski lift, everything you would expect to see on any popular pass. They can also add more rural areas and even a beach area that is much more lively. The forested areas need to include a wide range of wildlife and plant life as well. City live can use some refinement as well by adding even more every day activities to liven up the environment and adding more random dynamic events such as maybe getting a chance to witness an actual high speed chance, a mugging, other people picking up prostitutes and dropping them off, witnessing a pimp collect his money. We need to be able to actually walk into a bar and dance such as in ballad of gay tony, but be able to order drinks and pick which women we want to talk to, including all the activities you would normally see at a bar. Also add in random bar fights, bouncers throwing people out etc.

As for improving the storytelling, rockstar needs to give the player the ability to craft their character by allowing us to shape our own story and make more critical decisions, **SPOILER ALERT Kind of like in gta4 where you got to choose which person you wanted to take out in that specific mission with playboy and dwayne END SPOILER** accept allow for more crucial decisions that can alter the rest of the game in a serious way. Also add in destructible environments and justify these buildings being rebuilt by way of having an actual construction company come out to fix up the buildings. This can mean that cars can be driven into buildings and create openings, destructible objects. Also give every object in the game euphoria physics.

There need to be characters that you can permanently kill if they annoy you, just not the ones important to the story as killing people is too simple a task. Confrontations also need to be more personal and intense, not one dude taking on 50 but something in the vein of the bourne series where he is a specialized combat expert amongst other things with a seriously improved combat system instead of the awkward controls of gta4, including finishers and takedowns etc.

These are just some of the ideas that I have, and realize that implementing everything here probably wouldn't be worth it to rockstar but including these ideas and more would create one of the best games ever. Also transitions from cutscenes to actual gameplay need to be more smooth with much improved animations.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB