By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION 3 RPG FAN CLUB

@kivi95, cool. i know quite a few of my friends who bought that game and really like it.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

has anyone downloaded the new ps1 classic rpg's from the playstation store yet, besides me ?

legend of mana

threads of fate

xenogears

alundra

parasite eve

i just finished downloading parasite today, so i have all of them.  :)

what current rpg are u playing on your ps3 ? 

and what is the next one u will play, after u beat the one u are currently playing ?

trinity of souls : zill o'll is what i am currently playing, i am alittle over 63 hrs into the game and i cant put it down at all.

the next game will  be : white knight chronicles.  after i play that for awhile and hoping by then that psn is back up and running will look for friends to play it online with me.

I am currently playing Nier and Ar Tonelico 3.  Once I am finished with these two I plan on playing Atelier Rorona again. Love that game.

*is waiting for WKC2 what is coming out in 3 weeks*..

I hope the Online mode will be good.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

what was the last rpg u beat, and did it meet or beat your expectations of the game ?

mine was venetica and it beat what i thought about the game. i loved it and enjoyed beating the game 3 times to complete it. :)

last RPG beaten: Resonance of Fate and it was awsome gameplay wise. Story was a missed oportunity. They could have expanded on it a lot and the game wouldnt just be awsome but LEGENDARY.

Currently playing: Star Ocean 4. Still chuging allong. I have finally passed the emo Edge part (thank God) and just doing random stuff in Roak. Will move to Aoes soon once I feel like it. I'm already 60 hours in and I'm still at this part. Its emo Faiz time. Seriously, I really dont like this game. its a good thing i like punishment otherwise i'd have given up on this game.

NExt in line: I have trinity universe and altiere Rorona waiting and will be playing it in that order. Then probably a second playthrough of RoF to get the platinum trophy. Hopefully i'll be done by September then I can start looking into my wish list.

Cant wait for White Knights Chronicles 2. Will it really have a re-worked version of WKC1 on it too? coz i just soled my WKC1 copy.

My wish list

1. Valkaryie Chronicles

2. Hyperdimension NEptuna

3. Ar tonelico Qoga

4. Mass Effect 2

5. Dragon Age 2

6. Demons Soul

Damn, when I first got my PS3 i was like "WTF?! no RPGs?!", now I'm like "WTF?! way too many RPG games!"..

@ils411, yes white knight chronicles 2 , comes with a copy of wkc.

i agree at the begining of the ps3 life, i was where are my rpg's, now i have a huge back log of them too play.

@robotechheaven

cool! thanks! Before I sold it, I tried loading my save game and I had completely forgoten what part I was on LOL! I was aiming to hit lvl 50 for my character which was already lvl 42 after finishing it the first time. Heres hoping to WKC2 supporting my save file :P I hope they finish the story in WKC2 coz with the way its being localized I have a bad feeling that a 3rd installment wont see the light of day for the west.

By the way, how is trinity of souls : zill o'll? I tried the demo and didn't like it much but IMO demos aren't good indications if an RPG is good so i'm curious to know other's opinion on it. I'm thinking of adding to my backlog (lol) and i'm torn between ME2, Vanetica and trinity of souls : zill o'll. Vanetica and ME2 are a good $15 cheaper here which is why i'm inclined to get either of the two but I do prefere JRPGs or at least RPGs from Japan. Or i could just pickup VC w/c is $10 cheaper than ME2. ahhh....If only I hand't traded my copy of VC for SF4. Stupid SF4 and its infinit iterations! stupid Capcom!

when playing RPGs, who takes the time to grind? or do you just go ahead and move forward with whatever level your on after boss fights? why grind? is it to make boss battles easier? for me, the reasons i grind are

1. Unlock skills - yeah, most jrpgs ulock skills when a character reaches a certain lvl and i'm always curious to see what new skills my party gets

2. cash - grinding usually drops cash and items to sell which i can use to get better equipment

3. full inventory / equipment - ties in with cash, its kinda pet peeve of mine to always want to have the maximum number of items possible for all items. and coz i grind so much, I dont really use them. I just like them at 99 all the time. I also like keeping all of my old equipment and buying every single equipment available. another pet peeve i suppose

4. payback - ramdom or regular enemies, when first encountered can sometimes give me a run for my money and grinding allows me to take revenge on these poor fools!

5. challenge - taking on and winning against stupidly strong enemies is fullfiling. ahhh...reminds me of emerald weapon and ruby weapon in FFVII. those guys are asses! Then there's the damn phonix birdy in legend of legaia and Amon was it? in shadow hearts 2.

6. just enjoying the battle. as long as the battle mechanics are fun of course! like Shadow Hearts judgment ring! sure its slow but really awesome!

7. finally yeah, to get really strong and kick boss enemies ass!