By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION 3 RPG FAN CLUB

@ils411, your welcome.

i really like : trinity of souls : zill o'll i just hit 80hrs into the game and i am almost done with chapter 3. there is 5 chapters in the game. the game is a quest driven game, u levup through completeing quests,fighting in the arena,and through getting new titles of doing certain quests or killing so many of this type of creature. i would recommend this game to anyone who likes rpg's, also venetica is another good rpg, i enjoyed beating it 3 times to get the different endings and getting my plat for it as well. 

venetica's story is about deaths daughter and how she ends up finding out who her father is and her uptapped powers she will learn in time through the adventure u will take.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

going to rebuy disgaea 3 this week, has anyone gotten over 50% trophy completion in it ?

i am hoping too achieve around 30% and i will be happy.  :)

would anyone wana play sacred 2 : fallen angel with me next month ?

what rpg have u put the most hrs in for the ps3 ?

its trinity of souls : zill o'll  for me

i am currently at 104 hrs and counting

The big Problem is that there are hardly any good PS3 JRPGs or RPGs. The PS3 is not a RPG Console like the PS1 and PS2 was, the PS3 is  definitely more a Shooter Console.  Even the US Console Xbox 360 has a lot more and better exklusiv JRPGs than the Japan Console PS3, that is extremly sad the PS3 is  a real shame for the PS1 and PS2. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon  are very much better than any JRPG on the PS3 and they are all Xbox 360 exklusiv.

Also the Wii has more and better JRPGs than the PS3, Xenoblade and the Last Story destroy everything on PS3.

And the Nintendo DS and PSP also way better alternatives to play JRPGs than the PS3.

I think the PS3 is the last thing you should by if you like the JRPG Genre, all other Consoles are offer more and better JRPGs than the PS3 do.

PS. The Nintendo 3DS will also get very good JRPGs over the next few years on that you can be sure, so if you really like JRPGs than sell your Shooterstation 3 and buy a Nintendo 3DS.

Around the Network
Grandia said:

The big Problem is that there are hardly any good PS3 JRPGs or RPGs. The PS3 is not a RPG Console like the PS1 and PS2 was, the PS3 is  definitely more a Shooter Console.  Even the US Console Xbox 360 has a lot more and better exklusiv JRPGs than the Japan Console PS3, that is extremly sad the PS3 is  a real shame for the PS1 and PS2. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon  are very much better than any JRPG on the PS3 and they are all Xbox 360 exklusiv.

Also the Wii has more and better JRPGs than the PS3, Xenoblade and the Last Story destroy everything on PS3.

And the Nintendo DS and PSP also way better alternatives to play JRPGs than the PS3.

I think the PS3 is the last thing you should by if you like the JRPG Genre, all other Consoles are offer more and better JRPGs than the PS3 do.

PS. The Nintendo 3DS will also get very good JRPGs over the next few years on that you can be sure, so if you really like JRPGs than sell your Shooterstation 3 and buy a Nintendo 3DS.

I disagree with you about your comment. This gen no home console will ever have rpgs like the Playstation 1 & 2 because most of Japanese developers focus on handhelds. The Playstation 3 has a great selection of rpgs like Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces F, and more. I agree with you about the Nintendo DS and PSP having the best selection of JRPGs.

PS. Your Shooterstation 3 comment was childish and uncessary both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a wide selection of shooters. While the Wii has a large selection of shovelware titles.

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

My most played RPG is Tales of Vesperia over 280 hours for my two playthroughs.

cool me sing me up i play mostly all tje ps3 jrpg

Marteds said:
Grandia said:

I disagree with you about your comment. This gen no home console will ever have rpgs like the Playstation 1 & 2 because most of Japanese developers focus on handhelds. The Playstation 3 has a great selection of rpgs like Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces F, and more. I agree with you about the Nintendo DS and PSP having the best selection of JRPGs.

PS. Your Shooterstation 3 comment was childish and uncessary both the Xbox 360 and PS3 have a wide selection of shooters. While the Wii has a large selection of shovelware titles.

Yes you are right, the Shooterstation 3 Comment was really a bit childish  but it is because I am a bit  
disappointed of the Line Up the PS3 offers, the Console is now 5 Years out and there are still no real good exklusiv JRPG Games, I bought my PS3 3 Years ago only for the JRPG Genre, I loved the PS1 and PS2 because of the great JRPGs and so I thought  sooner or later the PS3 will get also as many great JRPGs as PS1 and PS2, but now we are in the last few years of this Console Generation and the PS3 has still hardly anything to offer in the JRPG Genre.

But it is  okay now I learnd my lesson next Generation I dont need home Consoles, a Nintendo 3DS is enough. Home Consoles only get Shooter Games and I have enough of the Shooter Genre I dont want to see all this Shooter crap any more.

@hiroko, ok will do. welcome to the club

pls remember to put the quote i put in the 1st post in the thread.   :)