By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: GTA IV cost Microsoft $75 million

heruamon said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
heruamon said:
GTA on the 360 outsold the PS3 by a LARGE margin...so why would TTWO make it exclusive to PS3...how does that make any sense? What's the sked for Agent again...

thats what they were going to before Microsoft made them a offer they couldn't refuse.

What's the status of Agent?

i think it's still exclusive.

Around the Network
mr_capello said:
heruamon said:
Lurker said:
The whole GTA IV deal with MS was a waste. PS3 has the complete package now.

Define waste?

maybe he means that they didn't move that much copies and consoles through gta4 to make this deal efficient

based on what metrics and data?  His opinions, and what are his business acumen to justify the financials impacts?  we KNOW that the DLC sold over 2 million+ copies...so....

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

I find it extraordinarily hard to believe this is accurate given it is the first we're hearing of it...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

so is he using some kind of source or are we actually just supposed to believe Pachter because he says so?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

The smart move for MS would've been to acquire Rockstar so that ALL future GTA games will be MS exclusive instead of spending $75m on a single multiplat game.

Around the Network

LOL...M$ needs helps in their business model I guess...7 quarters of profits in a division that was atrocious last gen isn't enough...lol...too funny.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder