By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To those who don't understand my 60 million in 2008 prediction

So, is MGS4 still set to be a 360 exclusive?

Around the Network
Danny355 said:
Well a few weeks into 2008 & 60 million is looking even more ridiuclous than ever.

At the moment the Wii is selling WELL under its monthly quota of 1.8million manufactured units.

I might bring this thread up every month or so....

How do you figure, when last week's sales were 644,000?  The 1.8 million is for 1 month, after all...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Yeah also you really think Nintendo isn't watching the fact that its xconsoles are sold out, and thinking about upping production, I expect a large bump in march

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

thekitchensink said:
Danny355 said:
Well a few weeks into 2008 & 60 million is looking even more ridiuclous than ever.

At the moment the Wii is selling WELL under its monthly quota of 1.8million manufactured units.

I might bring this thread up every month or so....

How do you figure, when last week's sales were 644,000?  The 1.8 million is for 1 month, after all...

That was the week before. Last weeks sales were 561,902. Still obviously part of the retailers Christmas hoarding stock as 561k is well over 1.8m a month. First 2 weeks of January total is 784k which even then would average 1.56m per month. A little bit pointless at the moment but over the coming weeks I think sales will stay well below per 1.8 month.

Based on what?

Around the Network

I expect production to be increased to 2.3-2.5 mil/month some time this year.... though I cannot say when as I do not know when Nintendo will decide on an increase, nor how long it will take them to put it into effect.
Thus I take a random guess and have half the year at 1.8mil and half at 2.3-2.5mil.
making a tidy 24.6 - 25.8 million for the year. And an LTD of close to 45 million.

Danny355 said:
Based on what?

I'm guessing due to the fact that it is still selling out?

TWRoO said:
I expect production to be increased to 2.3-2.5 mil/month some time this year.... though I cannot say when as I do not know when Nintendo will decide on an increase, nor how long it will take them to put it into effect.
Thus I take a random guess and have half the year at 1.8mil and half at 2.3-2.5mil.
making a tidy 24.6 - 25.8 million for the year. And an LTD of close to 45 million.

they said if they need to increase production they will do it in march

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

One thing for sure Wii will have great games this year I'm sure they'll have couple of big games for summer and fall. What if they finish the year with the like of Animal Crossing, Star fox, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs and an new RPG for Wii? I also think that there will be couple of very good Wii series games the casual like Wii Music and Wii Motorsports. One thing for sure Nintendo knows the important of the second year of a console look at the DS first years like 15 games publish by Nintendo 2nd year 30 games so I think that will see a lot more game from Nintendo this year. I'm not sure about the 60m wii sold but I'm sure they will do better then last year by a lot.

i will seriously ROFFLE hard during november 2008, when Wii is only in the 35 million range. LMAO.

i'm guessing your prediction will be off by 20~25 million . seriously,

Soyez réaliste!