By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To those who don't understand my 60 million in 2008 prediction

anyone wanna bet that the Wii will NOT reach 42 million LTD this year?
i'm certainly up for it.

Around the Network
___O_o______ said:
anyone wanna bet that the Wii will NOT reach 42 million this year?
i'm certainly up for it.

You mean 42m just for this year or total since launch?

since launch

Of course it'll reach it 42 millions , come on, how many console sell less the second year do you know of?

i'll take that bet

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
2 mln. max in January.
3 mln. in rest 11 month.
Total 35 mln. + 19 mln. since 2008. = 54 mln. theoretical maximum for 2008.
But since PS3 has a great lineup this year + x360 will have some good games, that will take some potential buyers from wii. ps3/x360 pricecut also will do their job.  It was the same thing this year.  Xbox 360 had lots of great games, PS3 had some, too.  They both had price cuts as well.  Wii still sold more than double either of them, and more than both combined.  What's your point?
So unless intendo do a price cut and lose 50 mln. $ on every 1 mln. wii sold., they won`t reach over 50 mln. Where do you get the $50 lost per console with a price drop?  They are making about $80 profit per console right now--even if their situation required a $100 price drop (which it won't for a very long time) they would only be losing roughly $20 per system.+Nobody knows will they able to produce 3 mln. per month + how long will be demand.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Supa_Gama said:
Of course it'll reach it 42 millions , come on, how many console sell less the second year do you know of?

the 360 sold less in its second full year (2007) than it did in its first full year (2006) in terms of hardware.

___O_o______ said:
Supa_Gama said:

the 360 sold less in its second full year (2007) than it did in its first full year (2006) in terms of hardware.

Wii isn't the PS3 or the 360, and I took your bet, check my sig

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

___O_o______ said:
Supa_Gama said:

Where did you get this? From vgc: 2006 total 7,223,485 2007 total 8,178,632 Also the 360 had that rrod problem and all but still manage to sell a little bit more then his first year. If a console will sell less on it second year I really think that it'll more then likely be the PS3.

FFFFF
ya. i was wrong..............................

F
F