By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead: Redemption (Review Thread)

andremop said:
zgamer5 said:
andremop said:
I hated their choice of gimping the 360 version (even if with minimal content), so I'll boycott this game. Was going to buy it for sure, but now it's a no deal. Too bad for me and for them... but oh well, whatever.

what a stupid reason for missing one of the best games coming out this year, possibly one of the best sandbox games this gen. your not buying the game because of a contsume? the only thing the ps3 has is a costume and a ranch or a cave or a treasure(i have no idea what it is). rockstar broke deals with sony and this one of their sly ways of saying sorry were making it up to you. the important thing is that the game is good and that you have fun playing it.

It may be stupid... but my time and funds are limited and there are other great games that I may use the time and money I was going to spend on Red Dead Redemption. It's not a huge boycott... I'll just trade this great game for another - for example Monster Hunter 3 or Alan Wake.

We don't have to play all the great games they release. Even if I could - and I can't-  I woudn't.

And if they give a reason like Rockstar just gave me, I'll just switch my interest somewhere else. Simple.

So did you boycott GTA IV and all the games that gimped the PS3 version?  You seem to be against the practice of what they are doing, so I'm just wondering if you're against the practice or a hypocrit.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
andremop said:
zgamer5 said:
andremop said:
I hated their choice of gimping the 360 version (even if with minimal content), so I'll boycott this game. Was going to buy it for sure, but now it's a no deal. Too bad for me and for them... but oh well, whatever.

what a stupid reason for missing one of the best games coming out this year, possibly one of the best sandbox games this gen. your not buying the game because of a contsume? the only thing the ps3 has is a costume and a ranch or a cave or a treasure(i have no idea what it is). rockstar broke deals with sony and this one of their sly ways of saying sorry were making it up to you. the important thing is that the game is good and that you have fun playing it.

It may be stupid... but my time and funds are limited and there are other great games that I may use the time and money I was going to spend on Red Dead Redemption. It's not a huge boycott... I'll just trade this great game for another - for example Monster Hunter 3 or Alan Wake.

We don't have to play all the great games they release. Even if I could - and I can't-  I woudn't.

And if they give a reason like Rockstar just gave me, I'll just switch my interest somewhere else. Simple.

i agree with you, their are many other great games, and you can't buy everyone. but if i was going to already buy a game, i woudn't change my mind because of a costume, i would change my mind if my freinds got another game, if the game didn't live up to the hype, or if i lost interest in it.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I'm gonna wait for reviews for this game before I think about buying it.

It really looks just like GTA4: Wild West so I'm not sure I'll buy it.

I really do want this game but I have soooo many games to buy already and games I still haven't finished yet...Guess I'll buy it in a few months instead.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Tomorrow will be epic my most hyped game in a while! I could get it at midnight, but I think I'll wait and try to finish Episodes of Liberty city first.

Around the Network

I can't wait for this.

tis game looks better and better each day

Ok now I am very interested in it.

I found out that rockstar skipped the healthpacks stuff, yups don't need to buy hoddogs anymore like in GTA IV....Now it simply regenerates (I really hated that in GTA IV)...

Ok getting this game this weekend :).

epicurean said:
andremop said:
zgamer5 said:
andremop said:

So did you boycott GTA IV and all the games that gimped the PS3 version?  You seem to be against the practice of what they are doing, so I'm just wondering if you're against the practice or a hypocrit.

I played GTA4 on the PC, and at the time I didn't even knew they made those things to the PS3 version. But yeah, it's just as bad, even if I'm not as vocal as I am when they do it to the consoles I have.

But I don't believe I bought a more complete 360 game (over the PS3 version), since the only other example I remember seeing is Batman and its exclusive Joker on the PS3. Wasn't intending to buy it anyway, but hated the practice just as much.

Chairman-Mao said:
I'm gonna wait for reviews for this game before I think about buying it.

It really looks just like GTA4: Wild West so I'm not sure I'll buy it.

There's already plenty of reviews. The OP is not updated.